Result: Win, 10-0 (5)
Date: March 28, 2014
- The Sooners are now 14-5 all-time in Big 12 openers and are on a three-game winning streak in such games.
- Oklahoma has won 19 straight games against Iowa State, the third-longest active streak for OU over one opponent behind a 28-game streak against Wichita State and 24-game run versus North Texas.
- OU's last four wins against Iowa State have all come in five innings with a combined score of 54-1.
- The Sooners are now 66-28 all-time against Iowa State, the second-most wins against another program in OU history.
- Oklahoma hit four home runs, the fourth time this season they've hit at least that many in game. The team is 10-1 this year with multiple homers in a game.
- OU has won 80 straight run-rule games since the last time they suffered a run-rule loss to Texas on March 28, 2009. Friday's was the 60th to come in five innings and 41st to be a shutout win. Six of those 80 wins have come against Iowa State, the most of any team in the streak.
- The 10-0 win was the team's fourth shutout of the year and the 11th time it scored at least 10 runs.
- Kady Self was 3-3 with two home runs, three runs scored and five runs batted in, establishing career highs in each category.
- Self's multi-homer game was the fifth by a Sooner this season.
- Georgia Casey led off the game with her first career home run. It was the first leadoff HR by a Sooner since Lauren Chamberlain did it against Arizona on March 16, 2013.
- Brittany Williams drew walk No. 125 of her career in the third inning, breaking a tie she shared with Jennifer Lizama of Nebraska for ninth in Big 12 history.
- Shelby Pendley's three-run homer in the fifth extended her career-long hitting streak to 14 games. Pendley also pitched an inning of scoreless relief. She has thrown 8.0 innings this year and still has not allowed a run.