• Oklahoma now leads the Bedlam series with an 84-17-7 overall record, including 12-3 under head coach Bob Stoops.
• Oklahoma’s second scoring drive lasted 8:02, the longest drive for the Sooners this season.
• Oklahoma won its 17th game against AP Top 10 teams under Stoops.
• Oklahoma scored touchdowns on offense, defense and special teams for the first time since doing so against Baylor (11/18/06).
• OU threw a touchdown pass off a fake field goal in the third quarter, the first fake field goal touchdown since Matt McCoy threw a 14-yard pass to Chris Chester against Missouri (10/5/02).
• OU scored two special teams touchdowns (punt return and fake field goal) in the same game since scoring twice (punt return and kick return) at Kansas (10/20/12).
• OU has had five different players attempt a pass this season (Bell, Bester, Bothun, Knight and Thompson), the most since the Sooners had five players accomplish the feat in 2001 (Nate Hybl, Jason White, Antwone Savage, Hunter Wall and Mark Clayton).
• OU is one of only five teams from a BCS conference that has reached or is aiming for 10 or more wins for a fourth straight year.
• Michael Hunnicutt caught his first touchdown on an 8-yard pass on a fake field goal in the third quarter. He is the first OU kicker to score a touchdown since Tim Duncan scored on a 10-yard run vs. Texas A&M (11/10/01).
• With a 21-yard field goal in the second quarter, Hunnicutt broke the OU record for most field goals in a season with his 22nd on the year. A 39-yard field goal added in the fourth quarter gives Hunnicutt 23 field goals this season and 61 in his career, also an OU record.
• Hunnicutt passed R.D. Lashar for first on the OU all-time kick scoring list and third on the OU all-time scoring list with a 21-yard field goal just before halftime. Hunnicutt now has 342 points in his career.
OKLAHOMA CAREER SCORING
• Jalen Saunders scored on a 64-yard punt return in the first quarter, his second punt return touchdown of the season and third of his career.
• Saunders is the first Sooner with multiple punt return touchdowns in the same season since Antonio Perkins recorded four in 2003.
• Saunders’ three career punt return touchdowns ties him for third all-time in OU history with J.T. Thatcher (1997-00), Joe Washington (1972-75) and Darrell Royal (1946-49). Antonio Perkins (2002-04) and Jack Mitchell (1946-48) hold the program record each with seven.
• Saunders’ 302 punt return yards this season is the 11th best single-season in OU history.
• Saunders caught the game winning 7-yard touchdown pass for his sixth touchdown of the season and ninth of his OU career.
• Grant Bothun threw his first career touchdown on an 8-yard pass off a fake field goal in the third quarter.
• Eric Striker scored a fumble return touchdown on the game’s final play, his first career fumble recovery and first career touchdown.
• Julian Wilson recorded his third interception of the season and of his career in the third quarter. Wilson is tied for the team lead with Gabe Lynn.
• Brannon Green caught his second career pass and first of the season on a 16-yard play in the third quarter.
• Derek Farniok started at left tackle for the first start of his Sooner career.
• Sterling Shepard totaled 112 receiving yards on seven receptions, his fourth career, and third of the season,100-yard receiving game.
• Dominique Alexander recorded 10 tackles, his fourth career game with double-digits tackles (all this season).