Sooners Set for NCAA Pullman Regional
NORMAN – The No. 5 Oklahoma men's golf team looks to advance to its ninth consecutive NCAA Championship at the NCAA Pullman Regional this week. The three-day, 54-hole tournament is taking place Monday through Wednesday (May 13-15) at the par-70, 7,232-yard Palouse Ridge Golf Club in Pullman, Wash.
The regional is one of six 54-hole preliminary events for the NCAA Championship finals. The low five teams and low individual not on those teams from each regional will advance to the NCAA Championship, scheduled for May 24-29 at The Blessings Golf Club in Fayetteville, Ark.
The Sooners, who are the No. 1 seed at the Pullman Regional, are returning to competition after tying for third place at the Big 12 Championship. The Sooners have won five NCAA Regionals in school history including the 2018 NCAA Regional last year at the Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club. OU’s previous regional titles came in 1989, 1995, 2001 and 2015.
OU’s lineup for the NCAA Pullman Regional will include redshirt junior Quade Cummins, junior Garett Reband, senior Blaine Hale, freshman Patrick Welch and senior Brad Dalke. Freshman Logan McAllister will travel as the team's alternate.
The Sooners will tee off from hole No. 1 starting at 9:30 a.m. CT on Monday and will be paired with No. 2 seed Georgia Tech and No. 3 seed South Carolina.
THE FIELD (GOLFSTAT RANKINGS)
1. Oklahoma (5)
2. Georgia Tech (8)
3. South Carolina (17)
4. Texas A&M (20)
5. UCLA (29)
6. BYU (32)
7. Colorado State (41)
8. Florida (44)
9. Michigan State (53)
10. Purdue (56)
11. Kent State (87)
12. Northern Colorado (106)
13. Wright State (203)
14. Iona (243)
1. Thomas Hutchison, UC Davis
2. Zach Smith, UC Santa Barbara
3. Daniel O’Loughlin, Colorado
4. Tim Widing, San Francisco
5. Jake Chanen, Grand Canyon
1. Quade Cummins, RS-Junior: Leads team with a 70.27 stroke average and has five top-10 finishes this season ... Named to 2019 U.S. Palmer Cup Team ... Shot the third-lowest three-round score in program history at the Ka’anapali Classic with a 198 (-15) ... 2018 Division I PING All-America honorable mention selection and GCAA All-Region Pick.
2. Garett Reband, Junior: Four top-10 and six top-20 finishes this season ... Competed in nine team events ... Named to All-Tournament Team at Big 12 Championship, tying for eighth at 210 (-2) … Placed seventh at the N.I.T. to gain three top-10 finishes this season ... Finished second in the Carmel Cup posting a 200 (-16) including two rounds in the 60s.
3. Blaine Hale, Senior: Played in nine team events ... Holds a stroke average of 70.70 ... 2019 Academic All-Big 12 First Team selection … Won Gopher Invitational in September for first individual win … Shot a 65 in the opening round at the Carmel Cup, tying for 13th at 210 (-6) … Has two top-10 finishes this year ... Two-time Division I PING All-America honorable mention selection.
4. Patrick Welch, Freshman: Competing in eighth event of his freshman season … Four top-20 finishes this season … Tied for eighth place at Big 12 Championship with a 54-hole 210 (-2), earning all-tournament team honors … Tied for sixth in his first individual collegiate appearance at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic … Plays crossed-handed.
5. Brad Dalke, Senior: Appeared in eight team events and has nine rounds in the 60s ... Took third at the Sonoran Showdown individual tournament after shooting a season-best 200 (-10) ... Recorded four top-20 finishes this season … Second-team Division I PING All-American and All-Region selection by the GCAA last season … 2019 Academic All-Big 12 First Team.
Individual: Logan McAllister, Freshman: Has two rounds in the 60s this season ... Posted a 71.22 stroke average in the fall ... Posted a season-low 66 in the second round at Carmel Cup ... Tied for 22nd at Carmel Cup with a three-day 213 (-3) ... Finished with a 3-under 210 at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic.
The par-70, 7,232-yard Palouse Ridge Golf Club serves as the host for the NCAA Pullman Regional.
Fifty-four holes will be played over three days. All three rounds are scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m. CT Monday through Wednesday. The low five teams and low individual not on those teams will advance to the NCAA Championships finals.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with a high of 74 degrees and wind from the west at 13 mph. 40 percent chance of precipitation.
Tuesday: Cloudy with a high of 69 degrees and wind from the east-northeast at 19 mph. 40% chance of rain in the afternoon.
Wednesday: Cloudy with a high of 66 degrees and wind from the north-northeast at 6 mph. 40% chance of rain.
OU’S NCAA REGIONAL HISTORY
Last year, the Sooners won the NCAA Norman Regional to advance to the NCAA Championships finals for the eighth year in a row. OU has won five NCAA Regional titles and two under head coach Ryan Hybl.
Live scoring will be available on GolfStat.com.