OU Baseball Notebook May 6
Overall Record: 30-18
Big 12 Record: 8-10
LAST WEEK RESULTS: 0-3
L 6-10 home vs. Texas Tech
L 3-7 home vs. Texas Tech
L 4-8 home vs. Texas Tech
THIS WEEK SCHEDULE:
Friday, May 10 vs. Oklahoma State – 7 p.m. (Tulsa, Okla.)
Saturday, May 11 vs. Oklahoma State – 7 p.m. (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
Sunday, May 12 vs. Oklahoma State – 2 p.m. (Norman, Okla.)
KEY NOTES OF WEEK
● The Sooners rank 24th nationally in ERA (3.58), 20th in double plays (43), 55th in triples (14), ninth in sacrifice bunts (41) and 19th in fielding percentage (.979). OU batters have drawn 251 walks, a total that ranks 27th nationally.
● Oklahoma leads the Big 12 in ERA (3.58) and fewest walks per nine innings (3.73).
● All six of Oklahoma’s remaining are against teams currently ranked in the top 100 of the NCAA RPI. Only Sunday’s game will be played at OU’s home ballpark, while two will be at neutral sites with OU as the home team and three will be on the road. Of its final 32 games of the regular season, 28 are against teams ranked in the top 100 of the RPI, including 13 against the RPI top 50.
● Junior catcher Brady Lindsly hit .462 (6-13) with two home runs, six RBIs, three runs scored and a 1.423 OPS in the series against Texas Tech. He hit two-run home runs on Friday and Saturday, and added a two-run single on Friday. He leads OU with 16 RBIs and seven extra base hits during Big 12 play.
● Sophomore outfielder Tanner Tredaway hit .364 (4-11) and scored three runs in the series against Texas Tech. He leads the Sooners with a .333 batting average in Big 12 play. He has hit safely in seven of his last 10 games, and is hitting .382 (13-34) with three doubles, five RBIs and six runs scored in his last 10 contests.
● Sophomore Levi Prater allowed one run on three hits over 6.0 innings on Saturday. It was his eighth time in 12 starts this season to last at least 6.0 innings (and fourth in a row), and the sixth time he has allowed one run or fewer. It was also the eighth time he has averaged at least one strikeout per inning in a start this season. He is averaging 10.9 K/9 IP this season, best among OU starters.
● Junior shortstop Brandon Zaragoza is on the watch list for the Brooks Wallace Award, given by the College Baseball Foundation to the nation’s top shortstop. He has reached base safely in 21 consecutive games. He is batting .295 (23-78) in that span with 11 runs scored, eight RBIs and 12 walks in that span.
● Sophomore first baseman Tyler Hardman has reached base safely in 20 straight games and hit safely in his last four contests.
● Junior Jason Ruffcorn is listed on the Stopper of the Year midseason update by the NCBWA, and ranks 21st nationally and first in the Big 12 with 10 saves. He also leads the league and ranks 12th nationally with 27 appearances.
● Freshman Wyatt Olds also ranks 12th nationally and is tied with the Big 12 lead with 27 appearances. He has pitched 21 scoreless outings in his 27 appearances this season, and struck out 34 batters in 24.1 innings.