OU Concludes Regular Season This Weekend
NORMAN – No. 5 Oklahoma men’s golf wraps up the regular season this weekend (Saturday-Sunday) at the Boilermaker Invitational hosted by Purdue. The two-day, 54-hole tournament will take place at the par-72, 7,465-yard Kampen Golf Course in West Lafayette, Ind.
The Sooners are making their first appearance at the Boilermaker Invitational. During its spring season, OU has picked up four top-three finishes including a victory at the Southern Highlands Collegiate in March.
OU enters its final regular season event ranked No. 5 in the latest GolfStat rankings. Among the 15-team field, the Sooners and Northwestern are both ranked inside GolfStat's top 50.
OU’s lineup features seniors Brad Dalke and Blaine Hale, juniors Quade Cummins and Garett Reband along with freshman Patrick Welch. Cummins enters the final event of the regular season ranked No. 18 individually by GolfStat.
Junior Riley Casey will also compete as an individual at the tournament.
Saturday’s round will begin at 7:45 a.m. CT. The Sooners will be paired with host Purdue and Northwestern.
THE FIELD (GOLFSTAT RANKINGS)
1. Quade Cummins, RS-Junior: Leads OU in scoring average at 70.04 … Named to Ben Hogan Award Watch List and earned a spot on the U.S. Palmer Cup Team … Five straight top-10 finishes … Tied for seventh at The Goodwin at 210 (E) … Placed seventh at the Southern Highlands Collegiate at 211 (-5) ... Tied for seventh place at the Puerto Rico Classic with a 212 (-4) … Won the Marathon Sun Bowl All- American Classic after winning the playoff … Shot the third-lowest three-round score in program history at the Ka’anapali Classic with a 198 (-15).
2. Garett Reband, Junior: Holds a scoring average of 70.50 … Five top-20 finishes this season and competed in eight team events … Placed seventh at the N.I.T. to gain three top-10 finishes this season …Tied for seventh place at the Puerto Rico Classic with a 212 (-4) ... Finished second in the Carmel Cup posting a 200 (-16) including two rounds in the 60s … Competed in 10 team events last season.
3. Brad Dalke, Senior: Took third at the Sonoran Showdown individual tournament after shooting a season best 200 (-10) … Competed in six events this season ... Carded a 69 at the Carmel Cup, finishing in 18th at 211 (-5) to open the season ... Recorded three top-20 finishes this season … Second-team Division I PING All-American and All-Region selection by the GCAA last season.
4. Patrick Welch, Freshman: Competing in sixth event of his freshman season … Earned second top-20 finish at the Southern Highlands Collegiate, sharing 19th place at 215 (-1) … Tied for sixth in his first individual collegiate appearance at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic … Collected a win against Iowa State in the Big 12 Match Play … Plays crossed-handed.
5. Blaine Hale, Senior: Returning to the team lineup and will be playing in his seventh event of the season … Won Gopher Invitational in September for first individual win … Shot a 65 in the opening round at the Carmel Cup, tying for 13th at 210 (-6)… Two-time Division I PING All-America honorable mention selection.
Individual: Riley Casey, Junior: Competed in seven team events this season … Has scoring average of 70.52, which ranks third on the team ... Placed 13th at the Puerto Rico Classic with a 213 (-3) ... Carded a 13-under 200 to finish fourth at the Ka'anapali Collegiate Classic … Carded a 65 to finish in the top five at the Carmel Cup at 204 (-12).
The par-72, 7,465-yard Kampen Golf Course serves as the host for the Boilermaker Invitational.
The two-day, 54-hole tournament will begin Saturday at 7:45 a.m. CT with a shotgun start. Saturday’s action will feature teams playing 36 holes, followed by the final round on Sunday.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a high of 58 degrees and wind from the west at 7 mph. Zero percent chance of precipitation.
Sunday: Cloudy with a high of 54 degrees and wind from the east-northeast at 19 mph. 100% chance of rain.
OU’S HISTORY AT THE BOILERMAKER INVITATIONAL
The Sooners are making their first appearance at the Boilermaker Invitational.
Live scoring will be available on GolfStat.com.