OU Baseball Notebook April 8
Overall Record: 23-10
Big 12 Record: 5-4
LAST WEEK RESULTS: 1-3
L 4-2 (11 inn.) at home vs. Oral Roberts
W 7-6 at home vs. No. 23 TCU
L 2-4 at home vs. No. 23 TCU
L 4-6 at home vs. No. 23 TCU
THIS WEEK SCHEDULE:
Tuesday, April 9 vs. Texas Southern – 5:30 p.m. (Norman, Okla.)
Wednesday, April 10 vs. Texas Southern – 3 p.m. (Norman, Okla.)
Friday, April 12 at Baylor – 6:30 p.m. (Waco, Texas)
Saturday, April 13 at Baylor – 3 p.m. (Waco, Texas)
Sunday, April 14 at Baylor – 3 p.m. (Waco, Texas)
KEY NOTES OF WEEK
● The Sooners rank 16th nationally in ERA (3.15), 10th in double plays (30), 21st in triples (12), 15th in shutouts (4) and 15th in fielding percentage (.979). OU batters have drawn 176 walks, a total that ranks 18th nationally.
● Oklahoma leads the Big 12 in ERA and fewest walks per ninth innings (3.60). Offensively, OU is fourth in the conference in runs scored (201) and RBIs (183).
● On Friday, the Sooners won by walk-off (7-6 on a Brylie Ware single in the ninth inning) for the first time this season, and the first time since a 5-4 10th inning win over Baylor on March 30, 2018.
● Sophomore outfielder Jordan Vujovich ranks 16th nationally averaging 1.0 walk per game and ranks 21st with 28 walks on the season. He has reached base in 21 of the 22 games in which he has started this season.
● Freshman Diego Muniz hit .455 (5-for-11) in the TCU series with three doubles, a home run, four RBIs and five runs scored. He also drew three walks and compiled a .600 on-base percentage and a 1.000 slugging percentage. Four of his five hits went for extra bases and he accounted for eight of OU’s 13 runs scored in the series.
● Sophomore first baseman Tyler Hardman also went 5-for-11 at the plate over the weekend, driving in two runs and scored twice. He has 46 hits on the season, which ranks second in the Big 12. He also ranks fourth in the conference with 31 RBIs and is tied for third with 72 total bases.
● Junior Jason Ruffcorn is tied for the Big 12 lead and ranks 18th nationally in saves (7). He also leads the league and ranks fourth nationally with 20 appearances.
● Freshman Wyatt Olds ranks 10th nationally and second in the Big 12 with 19 appearances. Freshman Ben Abram ranks 19th nationally in strikeout-to-walk ratio (7.8) and 20th walks allowed per nine innings (1.13). Sophomore Levi Prater ranks second in the Big 12 with a .182 opponent batting average.