Sooners Host Iowa State for Big Monday
MONDAY'S GAME BASICS
In a quick turnaround after a trip to West Virginia, Oklahoma (15-7, 3-6 Big 12) is back at home to face No. 20/20 Iowa State (17-5, 6-3 Big 12) at 8 p.m. CT as part of ESPN's Big Monday. Winners of three straight, Iowa State heads to Norman as just the second top-25 team to face the Sooners at Lloyd Noble Center this season. OU has won four of its last five home games against ranked opponents and has bested the Cyclones in five of the last six meetings in Norman.
ON THE AIR
The Big 12 matchup will tip at 8 p.m. CT (noon local time in Morgantown) and air on the Sooner Radio Network (107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Tune In Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. Kevin Connors and Chris Spatula will call the action on ESPN2. Fans with proper cable verification can also stream the game on the Watch ESPN app.
Tickets are available starting at just $10 at the OU Athletics Ticket Office (800-456-4668) and online here. Lloyd Noble Center's north and east ticket windows will open at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday.
OU students will be granted free entry with a valid student ID at the north entrance.
OU Athletics is offering a special ticket deal to federal government employees, providing $5 for the game. Those redeeming will be able to purchase up to four tickets at the discounted price by showing their government ID at the ticket window on the night of the game.
IN THE BONUS
• OU Athletics is now offering happy hour prices for all fans from the moment doors open until tipoff. During the happy hour, discounts will be applied to the following items: hot dogs ($3), popcorn ($3), soda ($3) and beer ($5).
• Fans are encouraged to #ArriveSooner to avoid delays into the gates with enhanced screenings. OU's clear bag policy will also be in
• Freshman guard Jamal Bieniemy is expected to make his sixth appearance in the OU starting lineup on Monday. In his five previous starts, the rookie point guard has totaled 21 assists and only three turnovers in 158 minutes. OU's only scholarship freshman, Bieniemy boasts a season assist/turnover ratio of 3.8, which ranks second in the Big 12, fifth nationally and third among Division I freshmen.
• Sophomore forward Brady Manek is coming off of one of his best offensive performances of the season, shooting 7-of-10 (4-of-6 from 3-point range) to produce 18 points against West Virginia. The performance was a big bounce back after being limited to only three points earlier in the week
• One of the keys to a Sooner victory has been Oklahoma's aggressiveness on the glass. The Sooners are 12-1 when they outrebound their opponent. In Oklahoma's three conference wins, the Sooners have a positive rebounding margin of 1.0. In the six conference losses
Brady Manek has produced seven games of 12 or more points in January and February.
SERIES HISTORY: IOWA STATE
• OU leads the overall series against ISU, 116-87, and boasts a 65-23 advantage when playing in Norman.
• Oklahoma has won five of the last six matchups with the Cyclones in Norman. Iowa State's sole win in Norman during that stretch came in double overtime in 2017.
• The Sooners snapped
• Oklahoma is the only school in the country with a win over a team from every major conference (Power Five + Big East).
• The Sooners are 9-1 when limiting opponents to under 70 points and 4-0 when opponents score less than 60.
• Oklahoma is 14-1 when it scores at least 30 points in the first half.
• The Sooners are 12-1 when outrebounding their opponents. In its 15 wins, Oklahoma is winning the rebounding margin by an average of 5.3 boards.
• OU opponents are shooting 39.6 percent from the field – the
• Oklahoma is 12th in the nation in defensive rebounding with 29.7 defensive boards per game. OU’s 39.5 total rebounds per game rank 29th in the country and second in the Big 12.
• OU has three players ranked in the top 10 in rebounding in the Big 12: Christian James (sixth, 7.1), Kristian Doolittle (eighth, 6.6) and Brady Manek (ninth, 6.5). TCU is the only other school with multiple players (two) ranked in the top 10.
• Oklahoma’s opponents are averaging 32.0 points in the first half. OU opponents scored 32 or fewer
• Oklahoma is 13-2 when outscoring its opponents in the paint. OU is averaging 34.0 paint points per game.
• Christian James ranks fifth in the Big 12 in scoring (16.0) and sixth in rebounding (7.1). He is the only Big 12 guard averaging at least 16.0 points and 7.0 rebounds.
• James failed to record a double-double in his first 104 collegiate
• James enters tonight’s game with 150 career 3-pointers. He is 19 away from cracking OU’s all-time top 10 in the category. Mookie Blaylock is currently 10th in Sooner history with 169.
• The Sooners almost always have team success on nights that Brady Manek is rolling. During his career, OU is 22-7 when Manek scores in double figures, 14-2 when he scores at least 15 points and 8-1 when he hit four or more 3-pointers.
• Graduate guard Miles Reynolds continues to make the most of his lone season with the Sooners, earning Big 12 Newcomer of the Week for games played Dec. 17-25. Reynolds averaged 12.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists in Oklahoma’s two most recent wins (Creighton and at Northwestern) to earn the honor for the first time
UP NEXT: TEXAS TECH
• The Sooners remain at home as they host Texas Tech on Saturday at 3 p.m. CT on ESPN2.
• Oklahoma owns a 39-25 lead in the all-time series and has won eight of the last 13 meetings. The Sooners are 24-7
• The home team has won each of the past seven meetings.
• The Sooners are 9-6 against Tech in the Lon Kruger era. Texas Tech head coach Chris Beard, in his third season in Lubbock, is 3-2 against the Sooners while coaching the Raiders.