Game Notes: Oklahoma vs. Samford (NCAA Regional)
Game Notes: Oklahoma vs. Samford
Location: Tallahassee, Fla. - Dick Howser Stadium
Result: Win, 4-0
Date: June 2, 2018
- Set the OU single-season record for strikeouts with 593, breaking the previous mark of 576 by the 2010 Sooners.
- Won its first two games in a NCAA Regional for the first time since 2013.
- The Sooners improved to 82-71 in NCAA Tournament all-time.
- OU earned its 34th game with 10-plus strikeouts this season.
- The Sooners are 3-1 all-time against Samford.
- OU improved to 29-8 when scoring firs this season.
- Oklahoma has seven shutouts this season and earned its first postseason shutout since 2010 (Virginia, Super Regional).
- Earned his ninth save of the season, which is tied for eighth in OU single-season history.
- Matched his career-high with three hits.
- Second straight game with at least three hits.
- Hit his fourth home run of the season and 10th of his career.
- Recorded his first home run in a 45-game span. Mendenhall's last home run came on March 10 against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
- Reached base for the 10th straight game on a first-inning hit-by-pitch.
- Leads OU with 17 hit-by-pitches this season.
- Set his career high with 10 strikeouts and 8.2 innings pitched.