NORMAN – No. 19 Oklahoma women’s golf tees off in its first tournament of the spring on Sunday when the Sooners compete in the Westbrook Invitational. The two-day, 54-hole tournament is hosted by the University of Wisconsin at the Westbrook Village Golf Club in Peoria, Ariz.
The Sooners are joined in the field by Delaware, No. 16 Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Oregon State, UC Davis, Washington State and Wisconsin.
"We're excited to get back into the swing of competition," said OU head coach Veronique Drouin-Luttrell. "We are coming off of some productive preseason practices and look forward to play our game as we open the spring schedule."
Oklahoma looks to continue its strong play as the season resumes. OU concluded the fall portion of the schedule with a second-place finish in a loaded field at Battle at the Beach in November. Three Sooners finished in the top six of the individual rankings, led by senior Hannah Wood with a 4-under 209. Wood tied for fourth place, picking up her second top-10 finish of the season.
OU will be without junior Julienne Soo in the spring opener, as the Australian native is competing at the Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific Golf Championship in Singapore.
The Sooners tee off on the front nine with a shotgun start at 10:30 a.m. CT. A second round will take place Sunday at the conclusion of the first 18 holes. The final round of the tournament will take place Monday morning.
Live scoring will be available on BirdieFire.com.
1. Kaitlin Milligan, freshman: In just her second tournament in the lineup and making her debut at the No. 1 position...Finished in a tie for 13th with a 214 (+1) at the Battle at the Beach...Tied for 16th at the Schooner Fall Classic with a 1-under (212)…The first OU freshman to earn a top-20 finish since current seniors Ana Ruiz and Hannah Wood in 2014.
2. Ana Ruiz, senior: Secured sixth place with a 210 (-3) in Battle at the Beach…Opened the season with a career-low 54-hole score of 212 (-1) to tie for 18th at the Jim West Challenge…Owns eight career top-20 finishes and three top-10 finishes.
3. Hannah Wood, senior: Named Big 12 Co-Golfer of the Month in November after leading the Sooners to a second-place finish in the Battle at the Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (Nov. 3-5) in the team's only November tournament...Shot a 4-under 209 in Cabo to tie for fourth place and secure her second top-10 finish of the fall season...Earned sixth place at the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic while playing as an individual...Shot a 209 (-4) in the Schooner…Her 45 career par-or-better rounds rank second in program history.
4. Rylee Pedigo, senior: Her third start of the season…Clinched 49th at Battle at the Beach with a 224 (+11)...Competed in nine of 11 team events last season, finishing with a 75.56 (+3.67) stroke average...Fired a season-best 216 (E) to share 13th at the 2017 Florida State Match Up, highlighted by a career-best 67 (-5) in the final round...Owns four career top-20 finishes and two top-10 finishes...Claimed second place in the 2016 Clover Cup after shooting 211 (-5).
5. Karen Arimoto, junior: In the lineup for the first time this season…Tied for 61st in the Schooner Fall Classic as an individual (225; +12).