Seniors Lead the Way Against Iowa State
|Points||Durr - 22||Pierre-Louis - 23|
|Rebounds||Burkhall - 8||Pierre-Louis - 11|
|Assists||Two Players - 4||Ortiz - 5|
|Steals||Burkhall - 2||Two Players - 2|
|Blocks||Burkhall - 2||Pierre-Louis - 4|
NORMAN – OU's senior class combined to score 58 of OU'S 80 points on Senior Night to help the Sooners top Iowa State, 80-71, inside Lloyd Noble Center Wednesday.
Vionise Pierre-Louis scored 19 of her game-high 23 points in the second half, to score in double figures for the 14th straight game. The senior also collected her 10th double-double of the year with 11 rebounds and picked up four blocks. Pierre-Louis finished 8-of-11 from the field and 7-of-8 at the foul line.
Gabbi Ortiz recorded a near double-double with 16 points and a season-high nine rebounds. The senior was 6-of-9 from the field and hit four 3-pointers, moving into seventh place all-time on OU's single-season list with 80 triples this year.
Shaina Pellington poured in 14 on 7-of-11 shooting, while Maddie Manning collected 12 points for her 20th double-figure game of the season. LaNesia Williams chipped in seven points on 3-of-6 shooting.
The Sooners led the entire game, but were only up three at halftime. OU stormed out of the locker room with a 13-2 run to take control. Pierre-Louis took control in the third quarter, scoring 10 points to push OU's lead into double figures.
The Sooners would push their lead to 22 points with 5:01 to play before OU's senior class exited the floor. In the final quarter, the Sooners knocked down 10-of-13 shots.
OU finished with a .536 (30-of-56) field goal percentage and posted a season-best .929 clip (13-of-14) from the free throw line. The Sooners withstood Iowa State's 14 3-pointers, outscoring the Cyclones, 38-20, in the paint.
Emily Durr led Iowa State with 22 points, hitting six 3-pointers and finishing 8-of-12 from the field. Bridget Carleton added 19 points.
OU hosts Texas Tech in its final home game of the regular season on Saturday at noon inside Lloyd Noble Center. Tip-off is set for noon. Tickets are available here.
NOTES & NUGGETS
• Oklahoma won its sixth straight game over Iowa State and now leads the all-time series, 24-5, against the Cyclones in Norman.
• Vionise Pierre-Louis picked up her 10th double-double of the season and the 20th of her career, which is tied with Joanna McFarland for eigth all-time. Pierre-Louis' .617 field goal percentage was set an OU single-season record, if the year ended today.
• Pierre-Louis moved into 20th place all-time at OU in scoring with 1,244 career points. The senior also has 66 blocks this season, the seventh-most in one season by an OU player.
• Gabbi Ortiz finished 4-of-5 from 3-point range, scoring 16 points and logging a season-high nine rebounds. Ortiz has made 80 3-pointers this season, the seventh-most ever in one season by a Sooner.
• Maddie Manning scored in double figures for the 20th this year with 12 points. Manning has scored 10-plus points in 67 career games.
• Shaina Pellington recorded her 16th double-digit scoring game of the season, scoring 14 points on 7-of-11 shooting.
• OU has won at least 10 Big 12 games 12 times in the last 13 seasons.
• OU's .929 free throw percentage (13-of-14) set a season high.