|Points||Goth - 10||Pierre-Louis - 26|
|Rebounds||Jones - 10||Pierre-Louis - 13|
|Assists||Goth - 7||Three players - 4|
|Steals||Two players - 2||Three players - 2|
|Blocks||Jones - 3||Pierre-Louis - 4|
NORMAN – Senior center Vionise Pierre-Louis finished with 26 points and 13 rebounds to secure her eighth double-double of the season as Oklahoma dominated Kansas State, 68-49, at home Wednesday to secure the 800th win in program history.
The Sooners (11-11, 6-5 Big 12) and Wildcats (12-10, 4-7 Big 12) played a 10:30 a.m. game for OU’s fourth annual Sooner Jr. Fan Field Trip Day. OU welcomed over 7,000 third through sixth graders from across the state of Oklahoma for an educational day complete with exposure to Division I women’s basketball.
Pierre-Louis recorded her fourth 20-point scoring game of the season on 9-of-15 shooting and added four blocks. The senior helped the Sooners build a 32-25 halftime lead by scoring 15 points in the game’s first 20 minutes.
Pierre-Louis has picked up double-doubles three times in the last four games for the Sooners.
Ana Llanusa and LaNesia Williams each scored 11 points and combined for 11 rebounds. Llanusa has scored in double figures in five consecutive games, while Williams finished 4-of-7 from the field in 21 minutes off the bench.
The Sooners put the game away by holding the Wildcats to just 10 points in the third quarter. OU jumped out to a 41-28 lead midway through the frame and never looked back. Oklahoma led by as many as 26 points in the final quarter en route to a season sweep of the Wildcats.
OU outscored the Wildcats, 32-14, in the paint as the Sooners finished with .365 field goal percentage in the win. The Sooners dominated the glass, 51-35, and picked up 14 offensive rebounds. OU’s 51 rebounds were the most by the Sooners in a Big 12 game this season.
Shaina Pellington added eight points for the Sooners and tied her season-high with six rebounds. Gabbi Ortiz chipped in eight boards along with six points. The senior hit two triples in the victory and is just one 3-pointer away from becoming the third player in school history to hit 200 career 3-pointers.
The Sooners have now won 11 straight matchups against the Wildcats at Lloyd Noble Center and 25 of the last 32 meetings against K-State.
Kayla Goth was the only Wildcat to finish in double figures with 10 points and seven assists. K-State was held to a .306 shooting percentage and were limited to a .269 clip from the 3-point line.
The Sooners host No. 20/21 West Virginia for their annual Play4Kay game on Saturday. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. CT and the game will be televised on Fox Sports Oklahoma. Tickets are available here.
NOTES & NUGGETS
• The win marked the program's 800th victory in school history. OU is the 44th program in Division I history to accomplish the feat
• OU held Kansas State to a season-low 49 points. The 49 points allowed by the Sooners are the second-lowest point total for an OU opponent in a single this season.
• The Sooners recorded 51 rebounds, a single-game high during Big 12 play for Oklahoma.
• Vionise Pierre-Louis recorded 26 points, 13 rebounds and four blocks. The senior has recorded eight double-doubles this season and now has 18 for her career, which ranks 10th all-time at OU. Pierre-Louis also needs two more blocks to pass Nicole Griffin for third place in school history in blocked shots.
• Gabbi Ortiz made two treys against K-State and needs just one more 3-pointer to become the third player in school history with 200 career 3-pointers.
• Ana Llanusa has scored in double figures in five straight games and has hit a 3-pointer in seven consecutive games.
• LaNesia Williams scored 11 points in the victory, her second-best point total in a single game this season.
• The Sooners improved to 9-1 this season and have won eight straight games when leading at halftime.