Don't Miss the Sooners Home Opener!
NORMAN--- The No. 1-ranked University of Oklahoma men’s gymnastics team is coming back to McCasland Field House to open up their 2018 home slate Saturday at 7 p.m. The matchup is sure to be an exciting one as the Sooners take on Nebraska and Stanford, both ranked in the top five.
Not only will fans have the chance to see the best gymnasts in the country compete, a variety of promotions will be held throughout the meet.
“This will be a tremendous match-up of top teams,” OU head coach Mark Williams said. “We are excited about hosting No. 2 Nebraska and No. 4 Stanford. We encourage our fans to be there to cheer us on to victory.”
- The Sooners will be giving out 2017 national championship t-shirts to the first 500 fans in attendance.
- Cupcakes courtesy of Homeland will also be provided to the first 100 fans.
- Oklahoma’s last three national championship trophies will be on display for photo opportunities.
- LED rings will be given to kids so they can light up McCasland while they cheer on the Sooners.
- Rumble the Bison from the Oklahoma City Thunder will be in the stands taking photos with fans.
- The meet will also serve as OU’s “Cleveland Night.” For the past 13 years, OU men's gymnasts have made regular visits to Cleveland Elementary School in Norman to assist teachers with class activities. As part of the Cleveland Night meet, students will have the opportunity to serve as junior judges, score flashers, march-in leaders, award presenters and PA announcer.
For tickets to the Sooners’ home opener or any of the other home dates, call the OU Athletics Ticket Office at (405) 325-2424 or toll free at (800) 456-4668, or click here.