Sooners Back on the Road Wednesday at Texas Tech
WEDNESDAY'S GAME BASICS
The Sooners (7-8, 2-2 Big 12) wrap up their two-game road swing at Texas Tech (6-9, 0-4 Big 12) on Wednesday at 6 p.m. CT. OU has won 13 straight meetings against the Lady Raiders dating back to March 9, 2011.
ON THE AIR
Wednesday's game will be televised on Fox Sports Southwest + with Chuck Heinz and Craig Wells on the call. The contest will also air on the Sooner Radio Network with Brian Brinkley and McKenna Treece calling the action.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
• Oklahoma and Texas Tech meet for the 57th time on Wednesday as the Sooners travel to Lubbock to face the Lady Raiders. OU has won 13 consecutive meetings against Texas Tech and 24 out of the last 25 contests between the two teams. The 13-game winning streak against Texas Tech ranks as OU's longest active winning streak against any Division I opponent. The Sooners lead the all-time series, 34-22, and have won 11 out of the last 12 meetings in Lubbock.
• Maddie Manning has scored 20-plus points in back-to-back games for the second time in her career. The graduate student guard led OU with a career-high 25 points on 11-of-19 shooting at Oklahoma State on Sunday. In Big 12 play, Manning is averaging a team-best 18.3 points per contest, which ranks sixth in the league.
• Gabbi Ortiz enters Wednesday's game five points shy of reaching 1,000 points for her career. If Ortiz were to accomplish the feat, she would become the third Sooner in the last four games to join OU's 1,000-point club. Maddie Manning scored her 1,000th career point at Iowa State on Dec. 31, while Vionise Pierre-Louis reached the 1,000-point plateau against TCU on Jan. 4.
• The Sooners' starters combined for 81 of OU's 82 points at Oklahoma State (98.7 percent). During league play, all five of OU's starters are averaging at least 10.0 points per game.
• OU's freshman duo of Ana Llanusa and Shaina Pellington are two of the top three scorers among Big 12 freshmen so far this season. Pelington is first among Big 12 freshmen at 12.8 points per game, while Llanusa is third at 11.5 points a contest. Llanusa and Pellington have both scored in double figures nine times this season.
GAME 15 RECAP: OKLAHOMA STATE
• Maddie Manning finished with a career-high 25 points and led the Sooners with eight rebounds, but it was not enough as Oklahoma fell to No. 20/23 Oklahoma State, 96-82, on Sunday in the first Bedlam game of the season. The graduate student guard finished 11-of-19 from the field and was 2-of-5 from deep, while recording two assists in 38 minutes of action. Manning has scored in double figures 13 times in 15 games this season and her 11 made field goals set a career high.
• The Sooners grabbed the lead after one quarter as Manning and freshman guard Ana Llanusa combined for 19 of OU's 26 points in the frame. The Sooners were 11-of-21 (.524) from the field in the opening 10 minutes as Llanusa scored 10 points in the first quarter. The Cowgirls grabbed the momentum by holding the Sooners to a season-low four points in the second quarter as OU went scoreless for the final 6:21 of the first half. Oklahoma State used a 16-0 run to conclude the second quarter and take a 44-30 lead into the locker room.
• Vionise Pierre-Louis scored 15 of her 19 points in the second half on 7-of-14 shooting from the field and 5-of-6 at the foul line. Llanusa finished with 17 points in her first Bedlam game as the Choctaw, Okla., native, hit three treys and recorded five rebounds along with three assists. Gabbi Ortiz picked up her 11th double-figure scoring game of the season, adding 16 points on 6 of-14 shooting. Ortiz buried four treys against Oklahoma State and now ranks fourth all-time at OU with 178 career made 3-pointers.
Maddie Manning leads OU in scoring during Big 12 play, averaging 18.3 point per game against league foes.
PREVIEWING TEXAS TECH
• Texas Tech enters Wednesday's game with a 6-9 overall record and an 0-4 mark in Big 12 play, after falling to TCU, 93-72, in Fort Worth on Sunday. The Lady Raiders average 68.0 points per game (ranks ninth in the Big 12) on .465 field goal shooting (seventh), .271 3-point shooting (ninth) and .552 free throw shooting (.552). Against Big 12 competition, Texas Tech is averaging 56.2 points per game (ranks 10th in the Big 12) and is shooting .382 (seventh) from the field.
• Sophomore forward Brittany Brewer leads the Lady Raiders in scoring at 11.1 points per game this season. Brewer ranks fifth in the Big 12 with a .608 field goal percentage. Junior guard Recee Caldwell, who did not play Sunday at TCU, is second on the team with 10.7 points per game. Caldwell is second in the Big 12 and ranks 25th nationally with 6.0 assists per contest this season. Senior forward Brielle Blaire scored 19 points and pulled down five rebounds in Sunday's loss at TCU. The senior is averaging 11.8 points per game in conference play.
• Texas Tech interim head coach Shimmy Gray-Miller is 0-2 since taking over the program on Jan. 1.
• OU has won 13 straight games against Texas Tech, its longest active winning streak against a Division I opponent. The Sooners have won 24 out of the last 25 matchups with the Lady Raiders.
• The Sooners have won 11 out of the last 12 contests in Lubbock with their lone loss coming on March 5, 2011.
GUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN
• Maddie Manning is back for the Sooners after receiving a sixth-year of eligibility prior to the start of the 2017-18 season. Manning was granted another year of eligibility after missing the first two seasons of her collegiate career due to ACL surgery.
• The graduate student guard has scored in double figures 13 times in 15 games. In Big 12 play, Manning leads the Sooners at 18.3 points a game, which ranks eighth in the league. She has scored 20-plus points in back-to-back for the second time in her career, including a career-high 25 points at Oklahoma State on Sunday.
• Manning became the 33rd player at OU to cross the 1,000-point plateau at Iowa State on Dec. 31. The Ankeny, Iowa, native has 1,054 points and needs 35 more to pass Nicole Griffin (1,088, 2011-14) for 32nd place on OU's all-time scoring list.
• Last season, Manning led the Sooners in scoring with 12.6 points per game and earned All-Big 12 Second Team honors. A year ago, Manning led the Big 12 in steals per game at 2.4 per contest and was first among OU players in 3-point shooting percentage with a .397 clip.
The Sooners host No. 5 Baylor on Sunday at 1 p.m. CT inside Lloyd Noble Center. The Lady Bears will be the sixth AP top 25 team the Sooners have this season. The game will be televised on Fox Sports 1.