SUNDAY'S GAME BASICS
The Sooners (7-7, 2-1 Big 12) travel to No. 20/23 Oklahoma State (11-3, 2-1 Big 12) on Sunday for the first Bedlam matchup of the season. OU has won the last three meetings against the Cowgirls and are 14-7 against Oklahoma State in Stillwater during the Big 12 era.
ON THE AIR
Sunday's game will be televised on Fox Sports Oklahoma with Mike Wolfe and Bryndon Manzer on the call. The contest will also air on the Sooner Radio Network with Brian Brinkley and McKenna Treece calling the action.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
• Sunday's matchup marks the 102nd all-time meeting between Bedlam rivals Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Last season, OU defeated Oklahoma State, 68-62, in Norman on Jan. 22, 2017, before topping the Cowgirls, 66-60, in Stillwater on Feb. 4, 2017.
• Maddie Manning and Vionise Pierre-Louis both scored their 1,000th career point in OU's last two games. Manning accomplished the feat last Sunday at Iowa State, while Pierre-Louis picked up her 1,000th career point against TCU on Thursday. Gabbi Ortiz is also closing in on joining the club and needs just 27 points to become the 35th Sooner to reach the 1,000-point mark.
• Sunday's game marks the fifth time OU has faced an AP top-25 opponent this season. The Sooners are 1-3 against top 25 foes during the 2017-18 season, defeating then No. 16 South Florida, 79-74, on Dec. 16 inside Lloyd Noble Center for their first victory over a ranked team this year. Vionise Pierre-Louis is averaging 17.5 points and 6.8 rebounds per game against ranked opponents this season.
• A win would mark the Sooners' first road win over a top-25 opponent since defeating then No. 21 Iowa State, 75-54, in Ames on Jan. 21, 2014.
• OU's freshman duo of Ana Llanusa and Shaina Pellington are two of the top three scorers among Big 12 freshmen so far this season. Pelington is first among Big 12 freshmen at 13.4 points per game, while Llanusa is third at 11.1 points a contest. Llanusa is averaging 11.9 points a game since being inserted into the starting lineup on Dec. 6. Pellington has nine double-digit scoring performances this season and leads Big 12 freshmen with a .543 field goal percentage.
GAME 14 RECAP: TCU
• Oklahoma's offense took control in the fourth quarter to push the Sooners past TCU, 84-71, Thursday inside Lloyd Noble Center. OU outscored TCU by a 28-12 margin in the final frame to pull away for the win. The Sooners opened the fourth quarter with a 12-0 run to grab the lead for good as OU shot .750 (12-of-16) down the stretch to close the game.
• Maddie Manning led the Sooners with a season-high 22 points on 7-of-9 shooting from the field and 4-of-6 from deep. Vionise Pierre-Louis finished with 19 points, 12 rebounds, five blocks and four assists in 22 minutes. Shaina Pellington poured in 20 points, her second straight game with at least 20 points, and added four rebounds in the win.
• OU led 36-32 at halfime, but the Horned Frogs outscored the Sooners, 27-20, in the third quarter to take a 3-point lead into the final frame. Pellington scored 11 points in the fourth quarter to help propel the Sooners to the victory as 22 of OU's 28 points in the frame came in the paint. Pierre-Louis recorded her 15th career double-double in the win and the senior's five blocks tied a season high. The senior also became the 34th player in school history to reach the 1,000-point mark for her career.
Shaina Pellington is averaging 19.7 pints per game during Big 12 play.
PREVIEWING OKLAHOMA STATE
• Oklahoma State enter Sunday's matchup with a 11-3 overall record and a 2-1 mark in Big 12 play, after falling to No. 8 Texas, 84-79, in Austin on Wednesday. The Cowgirls, who are 9-0 at home this year, average 86.4 points per game (ranks third in the Big 12) on .465 field goal shooting, .359 3-point shooting (third) and .687 free throw shooting (fifth). Oklahoma State ranks 10th in the nation in scoring offense and are 24th in field goal percentage.
• Graduate transfer guard Loryn Goodwin leads the Big 12 and ranks 10th in Divison I with 21.8 points per game. Goodwin also leads the league in steals per game (3.9), is fourth in assists per game (5.4) and 10th in minutes played per contest (33.7).
• Preseason All-Big 12 selection Kaylee Jensen averages 15.9 points per game and leads the conference with 9.6 rebounds a contest. The senior center is shooting .556 from the field and has earned six double-doubles this season. Freshman guard Braxtin Miller is averaging 10.6 points per game.
• Oklahoma State head coach Jim Littell is 137-72 in his seven seasons with the Cowgirls.
• Oklahoma leads the all-time series, 61-40, against Oklahoma State with the Sooners winning 18 out of the last 24 meetings. OU is 14-7 in the Big 12 era at Gallagher-Iba Arena, but the Cowgirls have won three out of the last five matchups in Stillwater.
• Oklahoma head coach Sherri Coale is 35-11 in the Bedlam series during her tenure with the Sooners and 8-5 against Oklahoma State head coach Jim Littell.
TWO DOWN, ONE TO GO
• The Sooners have had a pair of players join OU's 1,000-point club in back-to-back games. Maddie Manning picked her 1,000th career point at Iowa State last Sunday, while Vionise Pierre-Louis accomplished the feat against TCU on Thursday. Gabbi Ortiz needs just 21 points to reach the 1,000-point plateau for her career.
• Nine players have reached the 1,000-point mark for their OU careers in the last five seasons. Those players are: Whitney Hand (2012-13), Aaryn Ellenberg (2013-14), Morgan Hook (2013-14), Nicole Griffin (2013-14) and Sharane Campbell-Olds (2014-15), Kaylon Williams (2015-16), Peyton Little (2016-17), Maddie Manning (2017-18) and Vionise Pierre-Louis (2017-18).
SCORING IN BUNCHES
• Oklahoma has had 13 different 20-point scoring performances from five different players through 14 games. During the 2016-17 season, the Sooners had just 15 20-point scoring performances in 33 games.
• OU is the only team in the Big 12 this to have five different players with at least one 20-point scoring performances. The Sooners are also just one of three programs in the league (TCU and West Virginia) with two 30-point performances by two different players (32, Vionise Pierre-Louis at No. 10 Oregon; 31, Gabbi Ortiz vs. No. 16 South Florida).
The Sooners travel to Texas Tech on Wednesday at 6 p.m. CT for their first matchup of the season with the Lady Raiders. OU has won 13 straight meetings against Texas Tech dating back to 2011. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Southwest +.