NORMAN – The University of Oklahoma women’s golf team competes in its fourth tournament of the season at the Maryb S. Kauth Invitational in San Antonio, Texas, beginning Sunday. The three-day event will take place at the par-72, 6,450-yard Briggs Ranch Golf Club.
The Sooners tee off for the first round at 12:20 p.m. CT on Sunday in a 14-team field highlighted by No. 1 Arkansas.
"We really enjoy playing Briggs Ranch and we've been working hard to get ready for the tournament," said OU head coach Veronique Drouin-Luttrell. "The team has been smart in its preparation and we are excited for another opportunity to compete against a strong field."
The remaining field features Auburn, Denver, Houston, Kansas State, Maryland, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas State, No. 25 Texas Tech and host UTSA.
Live scoring will be available on BirdieFire.com.
1. Julienne Soo, junior: Named the Big 12 Women’s Golfer of the Month for the month of September after recording two top-10 finishes and shooting under par in five of six rounds...Averaging 71.22 strokes per round...Her 204 (-9) at the Jim West Challenge is the second-lowest 54-hole score in program history (also owns the lowest score of 203 from the 2017 Clover Cup)…Secured ninth place at the Schooner Fall Classic with a 3-under 210…Dating back to last season, has finished at par or better in 26 of her last 42 rounds.
2. Kaitlin Milligan, freshman: Making her third career start…In her lineup debut, tied for 16th at the Schooner Fall Classic with a 1-under (212)…The first OU freshman to earn a top-20 finish since current seniors Ana Ruiz and Hannah Wood in 2014.
3. Ana Ruiz, senior: OU's top finisher in The Betsy Rawls, tieing for 31st place at 225 (+9)…Tied for 47th place after shooting a 220 (+7) in the Schooner Fall Classic…Opened the season with a career-low 54-hole score of 212 (-1) to tie for 18th at the Jim West Challenge…Owns eight career top-20 finishes and three top-10 finishes.
4. Hannah Wood, senior: Picked up her 10th career top-10 finish, earning sixth place at the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic while playing as an individual...Shot a 209 (-4) in the Schooner...Currently holds the best career scoring average vs. par in program history (+1.14)…Her 45 career par-or-better rounds rank second in program history.
5. Hannah Lee, freshman: Making her second start in the Sooner lineup…Tied for 36th with a 217 (+4) at the Schooner Fall Classic...Spent the past year on the National Canadian Development Team.