Sooners Back in Action in Austin
NORMAN – The 20th-ranked University of Oklahoma women’s golf team competes in its third tournament of the season at the Betsy Rawls in Austin, Texas, on Monday and Tuesday. The 15-team event will take place at the par-72, 6,491-yard University of Texas Golf Club.
The Sooners tee off with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. CT on Monday for 36 holes of continuous play. The third round of the 54-hole tournament begins at 8:30 a.m. CT on Tuesday.
“We’re excited to be back out on the course this week,” said OU head coach Veronique Drouin-Luttrell. “The team has put in a lot of time and effort recently. Tournament week is where you get to let loose and have fun competing.”
The Betsy Rawls offers a competitive field with six top-25 opponents: No. 3 Arizona State, No. 10 Kent State, No. 11 Furman, No. 17 Texas Tech, No. 19 Texas and No. 25 Clemson. Rounding out the field is Baylor, Houston, LSU, Miami, San Diego State, SMU, Texas State and UNLV.
Live scoring will be available on GolfStat.com.
1. Hannah Wood, senior: In the lineup for the first time this season after recovering from injury…Picked up her 10th career top-10 finish, earning sixth place at the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic while playing as an individual...Shot a 209 (-4) in the Schooner...Currently holds the best career scoring average vs. par in program history (+1.14)…Her 45 career par-or-better rounds rank second in program history.
2. Julienne Soo, junior: Named the Big 12 Women’s Golfer of the Month for the month of September after recording two top-10 finishes and shooting under par in five of six rounds...Averaging 69.0 (-2.0) strokes per round...Her 204 (-9) at the Jim West Challenge is the second-lowest 54-hole score in program history (also owns the lowest score of 203 from the 2017 Clover Cup)…Secured ninth place at the Schooner Fall Classic with a 3-under 210…Dating back to last season, has finished at par or better in 26 of her last 39 rounds.
3. Kaitlin Milligan, freshman: Making her second career start…In her lineup debut, tied for 16th at the Schooner Fall Classic with a 1-under (212)…The first OU freshman to earn a top-20 finish since current seniors Ana Ruiz and Hannah Wood in 2014…Competed as an individual at the Jim West Challenge, tying for 47th and shooting a 223 (+10).
4. Hannah Lee, freshman: Making her first start in the Sooner lineup…Tied for 36th with a 217 (+4) at the Schooner Fall Classic...Spent the past year on the National Canadian Development Team.
5. Ana Ruiz, senior: Tied for 47th place after shooting a 220 (+7) in the Schooner Fall Classic…Opened the season with a career-low 54-hole score of 212 (-1) to tie for 18th at the Jim West Challenge…Owns eight career top-20 finishes and three top-10 finishes.