NORMAN – The No. 25 Oklahoma women's golf team begins its postseason journey this Monday through Wednesday (May 8-10) as the No. 6 seed at the NCAA Lubbock Regional. The tournament is taking place at the par-73, 6,593-yard Rawls Course in Lubbock, Texas.
The 18-team regional, hosted by Texas Tech University, is one of four 54-hole preliminary events for the NCAA Championship finals. The low six teams and low three individuals not on an advancing team from each regional will move on to the finals, which are set for May 19-24 at Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove, Ill.
Other regional sites include the UNM Championship Course in Albuquerque, N.M., the Ironwood Golf and Country Club in Greenville, N.C., and the Scarlet Course/OSU Golf Course in Columbus, Ohio.
The Sooners are set to tee off at 9 a.m. CT. Live results are available at GolfStat.com.
NCAA Lubbock Regional Field
2. Arizona State
4. Kent State
8. San Diego State
9. Texas Tech
13. Iowa State
14. Oregon State
15. Murray State
18. Sacred Heart
1. Valerie Tanguay: Finished in a career-best share of ninth place at Big 12 Championship (222;+6) ... Collected two afternoon match wins in the Bedlam Cup… Tied for 41st place (223;+7) at Clemson Invitational… Shot a 219 (+3) to tie for 16th place at Clover Cup… Carded a 73 (+1) in all three round of play at Clover Cup.
2. Julienne Soo: Ranked 49th in the nation by Golfweek… All-Big 12 Team selection ... Earned medalist honors at Clover Cup ... Fired a program-best 54-hole score of 203 (-13) at Clover Cup ... Played 18 of 30 rounds at par-or-under this season ... Her season-scoring average vs. par (-0.13) is on pace to break the OU program record.
3. Hannah Wood: Won afternoon match, +2, in Bedlam match-play… Posted three top-10 finishes in the fall ... Currently holds the best career scoring average vs. par in program history (+1.19) ... Competed in the 2016 U.S. Women's Open ... Was one shot off qualifying for the 2016 NCAA Championships, firing a 215 (-1) at regionals.
4. Ana Ruiz: Dominated afternoon match winning 8&7 in Bedlam Cup match-play… Finished in share of fifth place out of 94 competitors at the Clemson Invitational (211; -5)… Played all three sessions at par or better at Clemson Invitational… Tied for eighth place after pocketing seven birdies in the final round at Clover Cup (214; -2).
5. Rylee Pedigo: Coming off an afternoon match win 2&1 at Bedlam Cup… Tied for 34th place at Clover Cup (223; +)… Tied for 13th at Florida State Match Up (216; E) ... Fired a career-best 67 (-5) in final round of Florida State Match Up ... Shared 20th at Mountain View Collegiate (221; +5).
The par-72, 6,593-yard Rawls Course will serve as the host site of the NCAA Lubbock Regional.
Teams will compete in 54 holes of stroke play over three days.
Monday: High of 82 degrees with S-SE winds at 15-20 mph and a 20 percent chance of rain.
Tuesday: High of 80 degrees with S-SE winds at 15-20 mph and a 30 percent chance of rain.
Wednesday: High of 82 degrees with SW winds at 25 mph and a 30 percent chance of rain.
Live results and are available on GolfStat.com.