Game Notes: Oklahoam vs. Baylor
Result: Win, 13-7
Date: May 3, 2014
- 22 of Oklahoma’s 27 home runs this season have come at L. Dale Mitchell Park.
- The Sooners played in front of a home crowd of over 1,000 for the 15th time this season.
- Aikin and Hermelyn both set career-highs with four-hit games.
- Aikin (home run), Neuse (triple) and Hermelyn (double) were all one extra-base hit away from a cycle.
- Tasin pitched five innings of relief for the second time this season. He last did so with a 5.1-inning effort against Texas on April 12.
- Oklahoma snapped a seven-game losing streak; its longest since 2007.
- The Sooners last scored six runs or more in a nine-inning game in game two of a doubleheader against CSU Bakersfield on April 5.
- The win marked the 550th of head coach Pete Hughes’ career.
- Oklahoma last had 15 hits or more on April 15 at Oklahoma State in an 18-inning win.
- The eight-run fourth was the third highest scoring inning of the season for the Sooners.
- Three home runs for Oklahoma matched a season-high set in the 17-4 win over CSU Bakersfield.
- The Sooners are 7-1 when hitting two home runs or more and 14-3 when hitting at least one.
- When scoring six runs or more, Oklahoma is 16-2.