Result: W, 5-0
Date: May 2, 2014
- Oklahoma improves to 41-7 all-time against Texas Tech and has won the last five in the series. OU's winning percentage of .854 against the Red Raiders is its best against any Big 12 team.
- With the win, OU is two victories away from a share of its third straight Big 12 title. No team in league history has won three straight conference championships.
- Oklahoma has won 36 of its past 38 home games.
- Junior Lauren Chamberlain hit a solo home run in the third inning. It was her first since missing 23 games because of injury, her seventh of the season and the 67th of her career.
- The home run extends Chamberlain's school and Big 12 career record and puts her in a tie for 17th all-time with former Charlotte and Liberty player Jessica Moore for 17th in NCAA history.
- Chamberlain has six home runs in 26 career at-bats against Texas Tech. That's one home run every 4.3 ABs.
- The home run also puts Chamberlain in a tie with former Sooner Jessica Shults for most career extra-base hits at OU with 101.
- Chamberlain also walked twice on the night, bringing her career walks total to 135 and moving her past Brette Regan (Baylor) to sixth all-time in the Big 12.
- Chamberlain's two walks bring her season total to 41, tying Casey Dickson and Heather Scaglione for ninth-most in a season at OU. Chamberlain's 2013 total of 63 tops the list.
- Kelsey Stevens made her 39th start of the year tonight, moving her ahead of Casey Dickson and Heather Scaglione into ninth place for starts in a season at OU.
- Brittany Williams went 2-2 on the night, matching a season-high in hits. It's the 12th time this season she's recorded two hits in a game.
- Senior Destinee Martinez was 1-3 with an RBI single. She now has 256 hits in her career, passing Texas Tech's Sandy Butler for sole possession of ninth place in Big 12 history.
- Martinez's hitting streak is at a season-best eight games.