Result: W, 6-4
Date: April 27, 2014
- Oklahoma won its 10th straight non-conference win.
- The Sooners are now 6-1 all-time against UAB and have won five straight in the series.
- OU has won 35 of their past 37 home games and is 23-2 overall at Marita Hynes Field this season.
- Sophomore Taylor Dewbery made the first start of her career and got the win to move to 3-0 on the season and 4-0 in her career. She tied a career high by throwing 4.0 innings and matched a season best with two strikeouts.
- Junior Georgia Casey tied a career high in hits by going 3-4 with two runs batted in. She had previously recorded three hits in a game seven times, most recently against Kansas on April 5.
- Casey now has 16 multi-hit games on the season, tying junior Shelby Pendley for the team lead.
- Senior Destinee Martinez went 3-4 with a run scored. She has six games this year with at least three hits, including a career-high four hits against Oregon State on Feb. 20.
- Junior Lauren Chamberlain was 0-1 with a run scored, but she walked three times. It was the fifth time this season she's drawn at least three walks in a game.
- In addition, Chamberlain stole two bases to match a personal best. She has done it five times in her career now and twice this season.
- Sophomore Kady Self was 2-3 to extend her hitting streak to a career best 10 games. She also scored twice, drove in a run and walked.
- Pendley was 1-2 with two walks, matching a season high for base on balls. It was the seventh time this season she had a multi-walk game.
- In the circle, Pendley tied a career high with 3.0 innings pitched to pick up her fourth save of the season. She also threw 3.0 innings against Kansas on April 4.
- The four saves this season by Pendley are the most by an OU pitcher since at least the 2005 season.
- Sophomore Whitney Ellis saw her career-best eight-game hitting streak end by going 0-3 with a run scored.