Result: W, 11-3 (5)
Date: April 26, 2014
- Oklahoma posted its 19th run-rule win of the season and its eight straight non-conference win.
- The Sooners are now 4-1 all-time against UAB and have won three straight in the series.
- OU has won 33 of their past 35 home games and is 21-2 overall at Marita Hynes Field this season.
- Junior Lauren Chamberlain returned to the lineup after missing 23 games because of a back injury. The Sooners went 19-4 in her absence. Saturday, she was 2-2 with a two-run double, a run scored and a walk.
- With her walk, Chamberlain now has 127 in her career to break a tie with former teammate Jessica Shults for eighth in Big 12 history and fourth in OU history.
- Chamberlain's two RBI gives her 180 in her career, passing former Sooner Sooner Amber Flories for ninth in Big 12 history and fifth in OU history.
- Following her double, Chamberlain now has 100 extra-base hits in her career, breaking a tie with Amber Flores for second in OU history. She only trails Jessica Shults (101) for the most at Oklahoma.
- Senior Brittany Williams tied a career high with three runs scored and finished 2-2 with a home run, three RBI and a walk. It was her 10th two-hit game of the season.
- The home run was No. 7 on the season for Williams and the 32nd of her career.
- Williams' walk gives her 134 in her career, passing Baylor's Brette Regan ('06-09) for sixth in Big 12 annals.
- Senior Destinee Martinez was 3-3 with three runs scored, tying a career high. It's the fifth time in her career she's scored three runs in a game and the third time she's done it this season.
- Martinez also stole a season-high two bases. It's the fourth time in her career she's stolen two bases in a game, doing so most recently at Texas Tech on April 14, 2013.
- Sophomore Kady Self was 1-2 to extend her hitting streak to eight games, tying the longest streak of her career.
- Sophomore Whitney Ellis was 1-2 with a run scored and RBI, extending her hitting streak to a career best seven games.