Result: W, 2-0
Date: April 12, 2014
- Oklahoma is on a season-high 14-game winning streak. It is tied for the ninth longest in program history and is the longest for an OU team since starting the 2013 season on a 17-0 run.
- During the 14-game winning streak, OU is outscoring opponents 92-11.
- OU is 9-0 in the Big 12, tying the 2000 and 2002 seasons for the best start to conference play in program history.
- Oklahoma has won five straight games against Baylor and is 48-10 all-time against the Bears, including a 15-4 mark in Waco.
- After starting the season 1-4 in road games, Oklahoma has won five straight away from Norman.
- In beating Whitney Canion, OU improved to 5-0 this season against left-handed starters.
- The Sooners are now 23-0 when holding opponents to two runs or fewer.
- The shutout was the 10th recorded by the OU pitching staff this season.
- OU leads the Big 12 in conference games with a 0.79 ERA, including six shutouts in nine games. The other six Big 12 teams have combined for seven shutouts.
- Sophomore Kelsey Stevens came within four outs of throwing her second career no-hitter. She finished with her fifth solo shutout of the year.
- Stevens has gone 13 straight appearances with two runs or fewer allowed and leads the Big 12 with a 0.68 ERA in conference games.
- Senior Brittany Williams was 2-3, tying for her season high in hits. It's her seventh multi-hit game of the season.