Result: Win, 11-0 (5)
Date: March 30, 2014
- Oklahoma is now on a season-high six game winning streak.
- OU is 3-0 to start the Big 12 for the second season in a row.
- Oklahoma has won 21 straight games against Iowa State, the third-longest active streak for OU over one opponent behind a 28-game streak against Wichita State and 24-game run versus North Texas.
- OU's last six wins against Iowa State have all come in five innings with a combined score of 79-3.
- The Sooners are now 68-28 all-time against Iowa State, the second-most wins against another program in OU history.
- OU has won 82 straight run-rule games since the last time they suffered a run-rule loss to Texas on March 28, 2009. Saturday's was the 62nd to come in five innings and the 42nd to be a shutout. Eight of those 82 wins have come against Iowa State, the most of any team in the streak.
- The 11-0 win marked the 13th time OU scored at least 10 runs this season. OU has scored at least 10 runs in each of the past three games, the team's longest streak of double-digit outputs since a four-game stretch from May 17-24, 2013.
- For the series, sophomore Kady Self finished was 7-9 with three home runs, a double, seven runs scored, seven RBI and three walks. She was 1-3 Saturday with a double, a walk and a run scored. Her flyout to center field in the second inning marked the first time all weekend she had been retired by Iowa State.
- Freshman Macey Hatfield tied a career high with three RBI, which she set yesterday. In addition she hit the first double and home run of her career in the fourth inning.
- Junior Georgia Casey matched a season high with four RBI thanks to a sacrifice fly and three-run triple. She also had four RBI against Santa Clara on Feb. 8. Casey finished one off her career high of five set last year vs. Northwestern on Feb. 10, 2013.
- Senior Brittany Williams tied a career high with three walks Sunday. She now has 128 in her career to move past current teammate Lauren Chamberlain and former teammate Jessica Shults for third in Oklahoma history and seventh in Big 12 annals.
- Junior Jessica Vest tied a career high with two hits. It was the fifth time in her career, and third time this season, that she accomplished the feat.
- Junior Shelby Pendley hit leadoff for the first time in her OU career, going 1-3 with two runs scored, an RBI double and a walk. In addition, she threw the final 1.2 innings and allowed a lone baserunner. In 9.2 innings this year, Pendley has yet to allow a run and has given up just three hits with five strikeouts and five walks.
- Sophomore Kelsey Stevens got the win to improve to 16-5 on the season. The 16 wins are a new career-high as she surpassed the 15 wins she had last year as a freshman at Stanford.