• Oklahoma missed 12 free throws, its second highest such total of the season (34-49, vs. Gonzaga, Nov. 14) including five of its final 10 attempts shot in the final four minutes of the game.
• The Sooners did not hit a field goal for the final 6:42 of the game, going 0-for-9 with six missed layups as West Virginia cut a 6-point deficit to a 71-71 tie in 3 1/2 minutes.
• As the two teams did in Morgantown on Jan. 18, Oklahoma and West Virginia equaled points in the paint. Tonight each team scored 28.
• Every frontcourt player who accured at least 10 minutes court collecting at least three fouls in the contest. OU’s Nicole Griffin and Kaylon Williams and West Virginia’s Asya Bussie all fouled out.
• Aaryn Ellenberg scored 18 points, passing Phylesha Whaley (2,187 points; 1997-2000) as Oklahoma’s second-leading all-time scorer. Ellenberg now has scored 2,190 career points.
• With 10 points Thursday, Campbell is 32 shy of becoming Oklahoma’s 30th 1,000-point scorer. She could be the third this season, joining Morgan Hook and Nicole Griffin. Her inclusion would also give Oklahoma its first-ever lineup with four 1,000-point scorers (Ellenberg).
• Carter matched her career scoring high with 12 points.