- Aaryn Ellenberg began the game six points shy of 2,000. The senior guard scored a career-high 37 points, hitting 13 of 27 field goals. The total was the highest individual scoring performance by a Sooner since Courtney Paris had 41 versus Oklahoma State on Feb. 4, 2007.
- Ellenberg became the sixth Sooner to reach 2,000 career points, joining Courtney Paris (2,729), Phylesha Whaley (2,187), Molly McGuire (2,147), Danielle Robinson (2,138) and La’Neishea Caufield (2,125).
- Attendance at the Frank Erwin Center was 6,111. More than 5,000 Central Texas elementary school children attended the game as part of the third annual 40 Acres Field Trip to the University of Texas Austin Campus.
- Oklahoma fell in overtime for the second straight game. The Sooners lost to Iowa State 82-75 in overtime Sunday in Norman. Oklahoma fell to 0-3 in overtime this season.
- Oklahoma led 36-28 at halftime. It was the first game the Sooners lost when leading at half (9-1) and first game Texas won when trailing at half (1-3).
- Oklahoma suffered back-to-back losses for the first time since falling at Oklahoma State, 83-62, and to then-No. 1 Baylor 86-64, on Feb. 23 and 25, respectively, last season.
- The Sooners begin Big 12 play 1-2 for the first time since the 2004-05 season.
By Athletics Communications
University of Oklahoma
JANUARY 08, 2014