Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium has adopted several “best practices” that have been implemented at many major collegiate, professional and entertainment venues nationwide. Providing a safe environment for our guests remains an ongoing priority at the University of Oklahoma, along with increasing the comfort and efficiency of all individuals entering the facility.
Allowable Personal Items – Revised
• Women’s purses (smaller than 10”x10”)
• Clear merchandise bags that meet the bag specifications
• Seat cushions and chair backs
• EMPTY, clear personal water bottle (for drinking water)
• Approved medical devices
• Approved family care items (diapers, formula, etc. in bag 10”x10” or smaller)
Non-Allowable Items – Revised
• Any and all types of bags and backpacks (conventional or string-type cinch bags)
• Chair backs with armrests and/or wider than 16”
|Express Lane Locations||Sooner Seat Customer Service Locations|
|Gates 1-7, 9-12||Gates 1, 5, 7, 11-12 and Upper West Concourse|
Fans that purchase merchandise outside the stadium or have items not adhering to these standard should plan to return it to their vehicles before entering the stadium. Advance planning will help our team serve you better on game day and alleviate potential frustration at stadium gates.
PLEASE PLAN FOR ALTERNATE ROUTES, CONSTRUCTION ON INTERSTATE 35 CORRIDOR
A major reconstruction project is currently underway on the I-35 corridor in Norman that will have a major impact on game day traffic flow. The I-35/Main Street Bridge interchange is being completely replaced, meaning there is no egress to or from I-35 to Main Street. Fans are strongly encouraged to plan alternate routes to their parking destination in advance. Extra time should be allowed for both arrival to and departure from the stadium.
Southbound I-35 Traffic (From OKC)
- Fans are encouraged to exit no further south than Tecumseh Road. Alternate routes include:
- Exit 113 (Highway 77 – left exit) – continues into Norman as Flood Avenue
- Exit 112 (Tecumseh Road) provides access to alternate southbound routes running parallel to I-35
- 36th Avenue NW (west of I-35)
- 24th Avenue NW (east of I-35)
- Numerous other alternative southbound routes exist, including:
- Sooner Road/12th Avenue NE
- Western Avenue/60th Avenue NW
- The South Canadian River Bridge just south of Norman on I-35 is in the midst of a widening project. Northbound fans should anticipate congestion and delays in this area.
A full list of items prohibited at Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium follows. The OU Athletics Department also encourages fans to read the 2013 OU Football Fan Guide to learn more about stadium amenities, policies and procedures.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any and all types of bags (merchandise bags, backpacks, fanny packs & hard binocular cases)
- Baby seats
- Baby strollers
- Beach Balls
- Cameras (professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses)
- Coolers or containers
- Folding chairs or stools
- Food and beverages
- Ice chests
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers of any type (i.e. air horn, plastic horn, whistles, etc.)
- Pets (with the exception of animals used by disabled guests)
- Personal heaters
- Chair backs with armrests and/or wider than 16”
- Women’s purses larger than 10”x 10”
All carried items and entrants are subject to search. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession of such items is subject to arrest. Items left at gate will be discarded.
We look forward to hosting all University of Oklahoma Football fans at Stadium this season. We anticipate that the current modernization project on the I-35 corridor will lead to an improved game day traffic flow and safety when completed. In addition, revised the above policies have been enacted to help maintain Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium as one of the nation’s top venues in terms of both security and overall fan experience.