COUNTDOWN to 2013: 8 Days
The countdown to the 2013 soccer season continues today, with only eight days left until the Sooners open the year on the road at Tennessee on August 23. The full schedule is available on the soccer page at SoonerSports.com
With the 2013 season fast approaching, SoonerSports.com will highlight each of the players on the 2013 squad. Each post will help fans get to know the Sooners better before watching them on the field this fall.
The 12th edition of the Countdown features defender Molly Richey of Tyler, Texas, and Bailey Boulware.
1. Nickname ... Moll and Molls Balls.
2. Biggest Compliment given ... "You have a nice smile." :)
3. Biggest influence on your life ... My parents. They have shaped who I am and are my support system. They drove me to the many tournaments and games I played in and spent a mini-fortune on my soccer career. I would not have made it in soccer if they would not have done everything they did!
4. Strengths ... Competitive, nice and generous.
5. Weaknesses ... Procrastination.
6. Favorite Candy ... Anything chocolate.
7. Do you have any heroes?
When I was younger, I always looked up to the women of the '99 World Cup team. There was actually an ESPN documentary on that team as a part of the Nine for IX series. The documentary highlighted how the '99 World Cup team brought attention to women's sports and how they changed the attitudes of many people about women in sports. When I was younger, I looked up to these girls like Mia Hamm, Briana Scurry and Kristine Lily because I wanted to be them one day. Now, I still look up to them knowing the impact they had on my soccer career and the message they delivered to people about equality in sports.
8. Do you have any hobbies, if so, please list them ...
My family and I always play cards when I come home, so card games are one hobby. I also enjoy drawing, painting and I read sometimes.
9. Name three people (famous, relatives, friends) you would invite to dinner?
Miguel, Brad Pitt and Steve Jobs
10. What is the last song downloaded on your IPod?
My family went to the Motown Musical this summer in NYC. I couldn't go, but they bought me a soundtrack to it and I put it all on my iPod. It's a compilation of Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, Berry Gordy and Jackson 5 songs. A lot of oldies!
11. Favorite Movie ...All scary movies!
12. Favorite TV show ... Revenge and the Bachelor/Bachelorette
13. Tell us something that we don't know about you?
I eat a couple bites of a Snickers bar before every game. It's a superstition.
14. Describe yourself in five words ... Loyal, persistent, diligent, patient, artistic.
15. In five years, I will be ... managing my own oil and gas business.
Countdown to 2013 Archive
2013 Soccer Season Tickets
Season tickets for this fall are now available to the public on SoonerSports.com! CLICK HERE for more information on how to join the Sooners this season at John Crain Field.
Molly Richey Bio Brief
A first-team Academic All-Big 12 pick, Richey started all 20 games in 2012 as a defender. She notched her first career goal last season and added an assist. Richey lettered all four years at T.K. Gorman Catholic H.S., including three seasons playing on her school's boys' team. A three-time all-district pick for boys' soccer, she was district MVP and first team all-state as a senior on the school's new girls' team.
Soccer 101 with Molly
What teams do you support?
Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, OKC Thunder (only when the Mavs aren't in the playoffs ;) ), all SOONER teams and the LA Dodgers!
Biggest joker on the team?
We are all jokers!
What is your best highlight moment? Your dream highlight moment?
Beating OSU last year at our home field. It was the first time we had beat OSU since I have played at OU. We also set an attendance record at that game. It was an awesome moment and atmosphere.