Student-Athletes & Parent/Guardians
Following are important educational materials, forms and links to help maximize your experience while at the University of Oklahoma. If you have questions about any of this information, please do not hesitate to contact us at (405) 325-7004.
OU Student-Athlete Handbook
Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
What is an Extra Benefit?
Anything provided to a student-athlete or their family/friends because they are a student-athlete, and the benefit is not generally available to the rest of the student body at the University of Oklahoma. Example of an - A booster providing a meal to a student-athlete after a great game.
Countable Athletically Related Activities
Complimentary Ticket Admissions
Student athletes are permitted to receive four (4) complimentary tickets for competitions. Student-athletes must log on to their ACS account and add guests to be approved by Compliance.
Complimentary Tickets Procedure:
1. Student-athlete must be traveling to receive complimentary tickets to a competition.
2. Student-athlete may then add names to their list through “Add Complimentary ticket guest list”
a. Input accurate information to ensure approval.
b. Answer questions thoroughly.
3. Compliance will verify the relationship between the student athlete and their guest.
If Approved by Compliance:
4. Student-athlete must select the approved person to their “Add Guest to Complimentary Tickets List”
a. Guest must be added to the list to receive a ticket.
b. Student-athletes responsibility to notify the individuals on their list to pick up their tickets. ,
5. Individual guests must present their ID at the Will Call (Bud Wilkinson Dormitory) to receive their tickets.
NCAA Bylaw: 10.02.1 - Sports Wagering
Sports wagering includes placing, accepting or soliciting a wager (on a staff member's or student-athlete's own behalf or on the behalf of others) of any type with any individual or organization on ant intercollegiate, amateur or professional team or contest. Examples of sports wagering include, but are not limited to, the use of a bookmaker or parlay card; Internet sports wagering; auctions in which bids are placed on teams, individuals or contests; and pools or fantasy leagues in which an entry fee is required and there is an opportunity to win a prize.
NCAA Bylaw 11.1.4 - Use of Tobacco Products.
The use of tobacco products is prohibited by all game personnel (e.g., coaches, trainers, managers and game officials) in all sports during practice and competition. Uniform penalties (as determined by the applicable rules-making committees and sports committees with rules-making responsibilities) shall be established for such use.
Informative NCAA Links
• Banned Substance List
• Exceptional Student-Athlete Insurance Program
• Health and Safety
• Sports Wagering
• Transfer Guide
• Student-Athlete Voice
• Leadership Development for College Athletes
• Life After College Sports (Playing It Forward)