March 4, 2010
THIS WEEKEND'S NOTES
- OU has a regular season contest at ASA Hall of Fame Stadium for the second consecutive year.
- The Sooners played Northwestern and Tennessee in a round robin event in 2009.
- ASA Hall of Fame Stadium is the site of the Big 12 Softball Championship in May.
- The complex also host the Women’s College World Series annually.
- Oklahoma is off to its best start since 2007, when it started the year 23-0.
- OU and OSU meet as ranked opponents for the first time since 2003.
- Oklahoma is 154-139 (.526) all-time against ranked opponents.
- The Sooners are 5-3 all-time against No. 25 and 15-8 all-time against No. 14.
- OU is 255-41-1 (.858) overall and 175-20-1 (.893) in non-conference games at the OU Softball Complex.
- Connie Dillon, OU’s faculty athletics represenative will throw out the first pitch Friday.
- Cheri Kempf, a represenataive from Worth, softball’s equipment provider, will throw out the first pitch Sunday.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
- Oklahoma and Nevada have met just twice previously with OU winning both contests.
- The Sooners hold an edge in the overall series with Oklahoma State, 67-66. OU has won 15 straight against the Cowgirls.
- OU and Louisville have met four times with each team winning a pair of games. The two squads are meeting for the first time since 2007.
- Since the official start of the Bedlam Series (2001), the Bedlam Bell trophy has not left Norman. OU has won it outright eight out of nine years.
- The Sooners kept the Bedlam Bell after splitting the series in the 2003.
- Brian Brinkley will call Saturday’s Bedlam game on KREF 1400 AM. A free audio stream is available on the schedule page at SoonerSports.com.
- GameTracker is available for the game at SoonerSports.com.
- Follow the Oklahoma softball program all season long on Twitter - Twitter.com/SoonerSoftball.
TICKETING AND PROMOTIONAL INFORMATION
- For tickets to Saturday's game in Oklahoma City, visit SoftballOutlet.com or call by calling (800) 654-8337.
- Tickets remain for Friday and Sunday’s games and can be purchased at the softball field ticket office an hour and a half prior to first pitch.
- The team will sign autographs postgame Sunday afternoon.
- Schedule magnets are available to all fans on Friday evening. Schedule cards and posters are available at Sunday’s game.
SOONERS BLANK TULSA IN PREVIEW TUNEUP
OU improved to 2-0 at home this year with a 7-0 victory over in-state rival Tulsa on Wednesday evening. The Sooners scored three runs each in the first and second innings and added a single run in the sixth to take down the Golden Hurricane. Freshman Keilani Ricketts got the win in her first home start of the season, pitching her sixth complete game of the season, recording her fifth shutout of 2010. Sophomore Katie Norris led the way at the plate, finishing 2-for-3. Norris drove in two runs and drew a walk. Junior Chana’e Jones and Ricketts each went 1-for-2 with a run scored.