Oct. 12, 2010
|No. 11 Texas (10-5, 5-2 Big 12) at Oklahoma (13-5, 5-2 Big 12)|
|Date||Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2010 | 6 p.m. CT|
|Location||McCasland Field House | Norman, Okla.|
|Tickets||Available: $8 adults | $5 youth|
|Television||ESPNU | Anne Marie Anderson and Holly McPeak|
|Promotions||Cheer Like a Champion Night|
|Online||Live Stats | Match Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA AS A TEAM
- Oklahoma is 8-50 all-time against ranked opponents and 0-4 this season. OU is 3-33 against top 15 teams under Santiago Restrepo.
- Two of the three wins against top 15 programs were both five-set wins against Texas (Sept. 27, 2006 in Norman and Oct. 29, 2008 in Austin).
- The Sooners are 2-16 all-time against a ranked Texas team and 2-9 against a ranked Longhorn team under Restrepo.
- Oklahoma defeated Missouri in four sets Wednesday evening (25-19, 27-29, 25-19, 32-30). OU has now won three straight Big 12 matches.
- The Sooners rank in the top five in the Big 12 in assists (fifth), kills (fifth) and digs (fourth).
- OU is 4-0 against the state of Texas this season with wins over UT-Arlington, Houston, Texas Tech and Baylor.
- Oklahoma is 5-2 at home this season and 2-1 in conference play at McCasland Field House.
- Oklahoma went 8-3 in non-conference play. Two of OU’s losses were to ranked Florida State (13) and Tennessee (17) teams.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA INDIVIDUALLY
- Freshman Sallie McLaurin was named the Big 12 Rookie of the Week on Oct. 11. McLaurin was key in OU's win over Missouri on Oct. 9.
- McLaurin posted a team-best 34.0 points on the week and averaged 3.00 kills and a league-best 2.43 blocks per set. She also hit .283.
- McLaurin ranks in the top 25 in the nation in blocks per set. She’s third in the Big 12 and 21st in the nation with 1.31 bps.
- After missing the Iowa State match due to personal reasons, junior Caitlin Higgins has had four consecutive double-doubles.
- Higgins averaged just 1.77 kills per set in non-conference action and has rebounded to average 2.35 per set in conference play.
- Junior setter Brianne Barker has also tallied four consecutive double-doubles. Barker is averaging 10.80 assists per set in those matches.
- Barker averages 10.16 assists per set overall, a mark that is third-best in the league. That tally ranks in the nation’s top 75.
- Junior Suzy Boulavsky continues to lead the Sooners with 3.40 kills per set. She has posted double-digit kills in 15 matches this year.
- Sophomore libero María Fernanda has six matches with 20 or more digs this season, including 23 digs in two of the last three.
- OU has gotten valuable minutes from freshmen walk-ons Eden Williams and Mindy Gowen. The two have combined for nine service aces.
- OU is strong at the middle blocker position. In addition to McLaurin, seniors Sarah Freudenrich and Francie Ekwerekwu are seeing time.
- Freudenrich leads the team with a .364 hitting percentage, connecting on 128 of her 261 attempts (33 errors).
- Ekwerekwu provides a spark defensively, averaging 0.97 blocks per set.
A LOOK AT TEXAS
- The Longhorns rank in the top five in the Big 12 in hitting percentage (third), blocks (third) and service aces (first).
- Oklahoma ranks higher than UT in assists, (OU-fifth, UT-seventh), kills (OU-fifth, UT-sixth) and digs (OU-fourth, UT-eleventh).
- Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week Rachel Adams averages 2.90 kills per set and is second in the league with a .438 hitting percentage.
- Juliann Faucette leads the team with 3.06 kills per set. As a team, UT is sixth in the league with 12.89 kills per set.
- The Longhorns swept Colorado at home on Wednesday and Kansas State on the road Saturday.
- Wednesday night’s match airs nationally on ESPNU. Anne Marie Anderson and Holly McPeak will have the call.
- The Sooners travel to Kansas Saturday for a 6:30 p.m. CT matchup against the Jayhawks.