Oct. 19, 2009
As the 2010 softball season approaches, SoonerSports.com introduces a new weekly feature entitled 20 Random Facts with the Oklahoma softball team. Get to know the players through their own words. Which Sooner owns a dachshund named Wubbie? And can you guess which freshman put too much detergent in the washing machine during her first attempt at on-campus laundry? Check back every Monday for a new segment. It all leads up to the start of the Sooners' run at another Big 12 Championship this February.
Jessica Shults | Freshman| Valencia, Calif.
- I am a huge Dodgers fan, and my favorite baseball player is Manny Ramirez.
- I once worked at Jersey Mike’s sandwich shop.
- My favorite movie is StepBrothers.
- I just got a new pet fish named Diego.
- When I get older, I want to host my own talk show. Watch out, Oprah!
- I can’t cook unless it can be cooked in the microwave.
- I hate wearing shoes. The only pair of shoes I own are the running shoes I got when I got here. I am addicted to sandals.
- I learned the Greek alphabet in fifth grade.
- I was told to "tone down" my smile in my driver’s license picture.
- In my first year of t-ball, I would bat on whatever side my team was on. If we were home team, I would bat right handed, if we were visitors, I would bat left handed. I didn't want the other team to think I was playing for them.
- I have a dream to own a pet pig one day.
- I am a gold card member at Starbucks.
- In one softball game, I want to throw out the first and last pitch of the game.
- My favorite television show is How I Met Your Mother.
- My room is decorated in a zebra print.
- It gives me the chills when people bite into ice cubes and popsicles.
- I was obsessed with the Spice Girls when I was a kid.
- I played on the basketball team my freshman year of high school.
- I can’t sleep after I watch a scary movie.
- My dream date is Brad Pitt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
20 Random Facts with Oklahoma Softball
Sept. 21: Krystle Huey | Sept. 28: Katie Norris | Oct. 5: Kirsten Allen | Oct. 12: Haley Nix | Oct. 19: Jessica Shults | Oct. 26: Lindsey Vandever | Nov. 2: Brianna Turang | Nov. 9: Evan Sallis | Nov. 16: Karolyne Long | Nov. 23: Chana'e Jones | Nov. 30: Wendy Trott | Dec. 7: Allee Allen | Dec. 14: Haley Anderson | Dec. 21: Drew Wright | Jan. 4: Dani Dobbs | Jan. 11: Michelle Gascoigne | Jan. 18: Keilani Ricketts | Jan. 25: Amber Flores