Nov. 21, 2009
• Oklahoma fell to 2-1 with its 82-69 defeat at VCU. The 17th-ranked Sooners never led in their first road game of the year.
• VCU led by as many as 17 in the first half and took a 44-34 advantage to halftime. The Rams were 7-for-15 from 3-point range in the first 20 minutes (they made six straight treys over a span of 6:39).
• The Sooners struggled to a .192 (5-for-26) performance from behind the arc.
• Tony Crocker led four Sooners in double figures in scoring with his 19 points. He was 7-for-11 from the field and added six rebounds. Crocker passed Cary Carrabine for 32nd place on OU's all-time scoring list (now at 1,044 career points).
• Freshman Tiny Gallon registered his second double-double in three games with 15 points and a game-high 11 boards. He has pulled down at least 10 rebounds in all three contests.
• Freshman Steven Pledger finished with 11 points off the bench. He has made at least two treys in all three games (two tonight).
• Another freshman, Tommy Mason-Griffin, recorded 10 points, a season-high seven rebounds and a game-high-tying six assists.
• Sophomore Willie Warren averaged 19.5 points over OU's first two games but finished with eight tonight on 3-for-14 field goal and 0-for-8 3-point shooting. He handed out five assists and is averaging 6.7 per outing.
• OU outrebounded the Rams 38-35.