Every week during the fall season, SoonerSports.com will provide Sooner fans a candid look at the Oklahoma baseball team through individual question and answer sessions with each player. This week Ryan Mottern answers a variety of questions ranging from what he likes in his cereal bowl to his personal on-the-field description.
1. Where’s your favorite place to visit? Don’t have one yet.
2. If you could invite any three people (dead or alive) to dinner, who would they be? My great-uncle, my dad’s dad, and well all of the guys from the all-century baseball team
3. What would be the first thing you would purchase if you won the lottery? House for my parents
4. Favorite magazine: ESPN and Sports Illustrated
5. What CD is in your stereo right now? A mixed CD
6. What was your favorite baseball team when you were younger? Texas Rangers
7. If you weren’t a pitcher/outfielder, what position would you like to play? All of them, but I did when I was younger.
8. What do you like in your cereal bowl? Anything edible!
9. Do you have any superstitions and what are they? Not really
10. Favorite former OU baseball player: Mark Roberts
11. What have you always wanted to do but were never able? Travel the world. So far I haven’t been able to.
12. Ultimate SportsCenter highlight: Web Gems or Jim Edmonds
13. I started playing baseball at age ... 3 or 4
14. My craziest ambition: To go sky-diving and a bunch of crazy stuff.
15. People would be surprised to know ... That me and Adrian Peterson (freshman running back on the football team) are from the same hometown as well as played together.
16. My personal on-the-field description: “Bulldog”
17. Dancing style: Whatever I can do that goes with the music.
18. Strangest thing that happened to you recently: I guess it was strange. I got hit in the eye with a bat and had to get eight stitches.
19. What do you feel is your role on the team? This year to start in the rotation and swing the bat in the outfield.
20. Favorite type of cake: Chocolate, of course.
21. If you could live in another country, which country would you choose? Maybe Europe somewhere.
22. Favorite way to eat an Oreo: Just throw it in and chew.
23. When do you find time to do your homework? Whenever it fits in.
24. What is your favorite candy bar? Snickers
25. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would you choose? Any major leaguer, but probably Greg Maddux.