Oct. 7, 2010
|Missouri (11-6, 3-4 Big 12) at Oklahoma (12-5, 4-2 Big 12)|
|Date||Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010 | 7 p.m. CT|
|Location||McCasland Field House | Norman, Okla.|
|Tickets||Available: $8 adults | $5 youth|
|Promotions||Military Appreciation Night|
|Online||Webcast | Match Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA AS A TEAM
- Oklahoma swept Kansas State in Manhattan for the first time since the 1995 season Wednesday evening (-22, -23, -21).
- OU is 1-1 in conference play at home. The Sooners defeated Texas Tech on Sept. 22 and fell to No. 3 Nebraska on Sept. 29.
- Oklahoma went 8-3 in non-conference play. Two of OU's losses were to ranked Florida State and Tennessee teams.
- Oklahoma's 13.23 kills per set are fifth-best in the Big. Its 12.19 assists per set are also fifth-best in the conference this season.
- The team's .211 team hitting percentage is sixth-best in the Big 12. The 15.03 digs per set are fourth-best in the conference.
- Oklahoma holds opponents to a .186 hitting percentage, seventh-best in the Big 12.
- The Sooners have recorded at least five blocks in 15 of the 17 matches played this season.
- Oklahoma is hitting .217 in conference matches and averaging 13.95 kills per set. The Sooners average 16.76 digs and 1.90 blocks per set.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA INDIVIDUALLY
- Junior Suzy Boulavsky leads OU with a 3.44 kills per set average, a mark that is sixth-best in the Big 12.
- Junior Brianne Barker is averaging 10.02 assists per set and 2.58 digs per set. Barker is third in the conference in assists per set.
- Senior Sarah Freudenrich's .374 hitting percentage is fourth-best in the Big 12 and 45th best in the nation.
- Freshman Sallie McLaurin leads the team with 1.19 blocks per set, fourth-best in the Big 12.
- Sophomore María Fernanda's 4.33 digs per set ranks fifth among Big 12 players.
- Junior Caitlin Higgins has rebounded from a slow start to record three consecutive double-doubles.
A LOOK AT MISSOURI
- Missouri is 3-4 in conference play with wins over Colorado, Kansas State and Texas Tech. The Tigers were swept by No. 3 Nebraska Wednesday.
- Paola Ampudia leads the Tigers with 3.88 kills per set, third-best in the league. Caitlyn Vann is third in the league with 4.62 digs per set.
- Brittney Brimmage's .346 hitting percentage is fifth-best in the Big 12. Freshman Molly Kreklow leads the Big 12 with 11.74 assists per set.
- Missouri ranks in the top four in hitting percentage (.254, fourth), assists (13.36, second), kills (14.07, third), and service aces (1.22, fourth).
A LOOK AT THE SERIES HISTORY
- Oklahoma leads the all-time series with Missouri 37-31 and holds a 21-10 advantage in matches played in Norman.
- The Sooners are 5-7 against the Tigers under head coach Santiago Restrepo. OU is 4-2 in Norman in that same span.
- Missouri has won six of the last 10 meetings in Norman. The two teams have split the last 10 overall meetings.
- Oklahoma hosts No. 11 Texas Wednesday, October 13 at 6 p.m. CT. The match airs nationally on ESPNU.
- The Sooners travel to Kansas on Oct. 16 and host Texas A&M on Oct. 20 at 7 p.m. CT