April 14, 2010
|Texas Tech (30-9, 2-5 Big 12) at #12 Oklahoma (31-9, 5-2 Big 12)|
|Game Information||Thursday, April 15, 2010 | 5 & 7 p.m. CT | Live Stats|
|Location||OU Softball Complex | Norman, Okla.|
|Tickets||Reserved: $10 | General Admission: $8|
|Radio||Internet Only (Game 1) | KREF 1400 AM (Game 2)|
|Television||Cox Channel 3 in OKC and Tulsa (Game 2) | Webcast|
|Online||Gameday Central | Game Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA
• Oklahoma is 191-63 (.752) all-time in Big 12 Conference games.
• Amber Flores leads OU with a .404 batting average. Flores is OU’s career home run leader (52) and five shy of tying the Big 12 career mark.
• She also leads the team in slugging percentage (.771) and on-base percentage (.560). She has drawn 23 walks and been hit by a pitch 17 times.
• Keilani Ricketts is the reigning Big 12 Pitcher of the Week. Ricketts struck out 15 on Saturday at Texas A&M.
• Ricketts’ 209 strikeouts this season are the eighth-most in a single season by an OU pitcher. She needs 12 more to move into seventh.
• Both Ricketts and Flores are top 25 finalists for USA Softball’s Collegiate Player of the Year.
• Brianna Turang leads the team with 18 stolen bases on the season.
• Lindsey Vandever is five walks shy of a single season best set in 2009.
• Jessica Shults holds the Oklahoma freshman record for home runs in a season (12).
• Wendy Trott has started the last two games at designated player. Trott is hitting .333 in conference games.
A LOOK AT TEXAS TECH
• Ashly Jacobs (11-4) carries Tech with a 1.07 earned run average and 104.1 innings pitched this season.
• Emily Bledsoe (.389) and Mikey Kenney (.358) are the team’s offensive leaders.
• Kenney has 12 home runs on the season with a .736 slugging percentage and .447 on-base percentage.
• Head coach Shanon Hays is in his first season at the helm of the Texas Tech program.
• Tech’s assistant coaches are Aly Sartini, who played at Arkansas, and former Arizona All-American Kristie Fox.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
• Oklahoma leads the all-time series with Texas Tech 32-4 and holds a 15-2 advantage on games in Norman.
• OU enters Thursday’s contest with an eight-game winning streak against the Red Raiders. The Sooners’ last loss was in 2006.
• The Sooners are 28-4 all-time against TTU under head coach Patty Gasso.
• Thursday’s first game is an internet only broadcast. KREF 1400 AM will join the game in progress at 6 p.m. CT.
• Thursday’s second game will air on KREF 1400 AM with Brian Brinkley calling the action.
• The second game also airs on Cox Channel 3 in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas with Kenny Mossman and Norrelle Dickson with the call.
• The Sooner softball program honors all OU faculty and staff Thursday night. The first 250 fans through the gates receive an OU softball koozie.
• Oklahoma hosts 14th-ranked Texas this weekend. Game times Saturday and Sunday are 2 p.m. CT. Sunday’s game airs nationally on ESPN.
• Justin Kutcher and Olympic gold medalist Jessica Mendoza call the game for ESPN.
• The first 1,000 fans Saturday receive a commemorative ticket marking the 10-year anniversary of the 2000 National Championship.
• Members from the 2000 National Championship will be available for autographs following Saturday’s contest.
• On Sunday, 1,000 National Championship patches are available.