OKLAHOMA GAME NOTES
• Oklahoma fell to 40-17-2 and 16-9-2 in the all-time series against Colorado. The loss snapped OU’s five-game winning streak against the Buffs. The Sooners are 6-5 in Big 12 openers and 6-2 under Bob Stoops.
• The Sooners have scored a total of 247 points through five games this season. It marks the highest point total through five games under head coach Bob Stoops. The previous high was 239 points scored by the 2000 national champion team.
• Oklahoma’s defense allowed 74 points in its first five games of the season, marking the second-lowest total under Stoops. The Sooners only allowed 57 points in five games during the 2004 season.
• Oklahoma registered five plays against the Buffs that were 20 yards or longer. This season Oklahoma has 38 plays, offense and defense, of 20 yards or longer (not including special teams). Below is a breakdown of today’s game:
- D.J. Wolfe’s 33-yard interception return in the first quarter
- Sam Bradford’s 43-yard pass to Joe Jon Finley in the second quarter
- Allen Patrick’s 34-yard touchdown run in the second quarter
- Bradford’s 21-yard pass to Jermaine Gresham in the second quarter
- Wolfe’s 28-yard interception return in the third quarter
JOE JON FINLEY
• Finley’s 43-yard reception in the second quarter marked his longest reception of his career. His previous was 36 yards against Washington on Sept. 9, 2006.
• Pleasant’s three-yard reception in the second quarter marked his first of the season and third of his career. He caught an 11-yard pass and two-yard pass against Oregon in 2006.
• With his 28-yard field goal in the second quarter, Hartley tied for 12th all-time in the OU career record book in points scored. Hartley is tied with Adrian Peterson with 247 career points.
• Hartley has made 15 of his last 16 field goals. Hartley is also sixth all-time in the OU career record book with 38 career field goals.
• D.J. Wolfe’s 33-yard interception return in the first quarter was his first of the season. Wolfe recorded his second pick with a 28-yard interception return in the third quarter. Wolfe owns five picks in his career.
• It marks the first multi-interception game for Wolfe in his career. It also marked the first for a Sooner since Reggie Smith picked off two passes against Baylor on Nov. 18, 2006
BY THE NUMBERS
49 - Allen Patrick’s 34-yard touchdown run in the second quarter capped OU’s shortest touchdown drive of the season in terms of time. The three-play drive spanned 49 seconds.
99 - OU has forced at least one turnover in 99 of Bob Stoops’ 110 games and has at least one interception in 73 of the last 96. There have been multiple picks in 29 of their last 66 outings.
8 - Wolfe’s multi-interception game marked the eighth time in the last six years that a single player has tallied more than one pick in a game.
11 - Freshman quarterback Sam Bradford recorded a season-best 11-yard rush in the fourth quarter.
25 - OU allowed its longest rushing touchdown of the season against Colorado. CU’s Charles recorded a 25-yard rushing touchdown in the second quarter.