Sept. 21, 2010
|Texas Tech (2-9, 0-2 Big 12) at Oklahoma (9-3, 1-0 Big 12)|
|Dates||Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2010 | 7 p.m. CT|
|Location||McCasland Field House | Norman, Okla.|
|Tickets||Available: $8 adults | $5 youth|
|Online||Live Stats | Webcast | Twitter|
|Promotions||Pledge for a Cure | Hispanic Heritage Night|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA AS A TEAM
- Oklahoma is 6-8 all-time in Big 12 Conference home openers and 3-3 under head coach Santiago Restrepo.
- Oklahoma has won three straight conference home openers. OU’s last conference home opener loss was against No. 1 Nebraska in 2006.
- The Sooners have started Big 12 play 2-0 just twice - 2007 and 2009.
- OU opened Big 12 play with a 3-0 (-15-23, -21) win at Colorado last Wednesday.
- The Sooners hit .212 as a team and held the Buffaloes to a .102 hitting percentage.
- Oklahoma went 8-3 in non-conference play. Two of OU’s losses were to ranked Florida State and Tennessee teams.
- Oklahoma’s 12.93 kills per set and 11.96 assists per set are fifth-best in the Big 12 this season.
- The team’s .208 team hitting percentage is sixth-best in the conference.
- The Sooners have recorded at least five blocks in 11 of the 12 matches played this season.
- Every player on the Oklahoma roster has seen action this season.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA INDIVIDUALLY
- Junior Suzy Boulavsky leads OU with a 3.50 kills per set average, a mark that is seventh in the Big 12.
- Junior Brianne Barker is averaging 9.93 assists per set and 2.39 digs per set. Barker is third in the conference in the category.
- Senior Sarah Freudenrich’s .400 hitting percentage is second-best in the Big 12.
- Freshman Sallie McLaurin ranks 10th on that same list, hitting .314. McLaurin is 30th in the nation in blocks per set (1.30).
- Sophomore María Fernanda’s 4.26 digs per set ranks sixth amongst Big 12 players.
A LOOK AT TEXAS TECH
- The Red Raiders are 2-9 on the year and 0-2 in the Big 12. TTU’s wins are against UT-San Antonio and Texas State.
- Junior Amanda Dowdy leads the team with 3.68 kills per set and senior Jackie Vincent averages 3.19 digs per set.
- TTU’s opponents have hit .277 against the team this year, averaging 14.6 kills per set.
A LOOK AT THE SERIES HISTORY
- Texas Tech leads the all-time series 34-22 and holds a 13-12 advantage in matches played in Norman.
- Oklahoma is 10-2 against the Red Raiders under Restrepo (2004-present). The Sooners are 6-0 against Tech in Norman during that same span.
- Oklahoma is 9-1 against Texas Tech in the last 10 meetings. OU’s last home loss to TTU was Nov. 9, 2002 (3-0).
- The Sooners travel to No. 10 Iowa State on Saturday. The Cyclones and Sooners meet at 2 p.m. CT in Ames, Iowa.
- OU hosts Nebraska next Wednesday at 7 p.m. The Sooners will welcome fans for the Year of the Fan promotion.