May 13, 2010
|#11 Oklahoma (40-10) at Big 12 Championship|
|Game Information|| Saturday, May 15, 2010 | 1:52 p.m.| Live Stats
Saturday, May 15, 2010 | 7:30 p.m. | Live Stats
Sunday, May 16, 2010 | Noon CT | Live Stats | TV: FSN
|Location||ASA Hall of Fame Stadium | Oklahoma City, Okla. | Weather|
|Tickets||All Session Passes: $40|
|Radio||KREF 1400 AM | Free audio|
|Online||Big 12 Championship Central | Game Notes | Twitter|
Saturday's games are underway. Oklahoma faces Texas Tech with first pitch scheduled for 1:52 p.m. CT. Please continue to check back here or the Official Twitter feed for updates.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA AS A TEAM
• Oklahoma is 40-10 overall on the year, marking the 17th consecutive season OU has reached the plateau.
• OU's pitching staff has a league-best 1.52 earned run average, a mark that is seventh best in the nation.
• Sooner pitchers hold opponents to a .181 batting average and have posted 20 combined shutouts.
• In the last 10 games, OU has produced a 9-1 record and .507 slugging percentage.
• OU is hitting .375 in its last five games with a .516 slugging percentage and a .497 on-base percentage.
• In those five contests, Oklahoma has drawn 30 walks and struck out just eight times.
• The pitching staff has produced a 0.44 earned run average in that span.
• Oklahoma is second in the Big 12 in fielding percentage (.969) and fourth in batting average (.293).
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA INDIVIDUALLY
• Jessica Shults holds the Oklahoma freshman record for home runs in a season (14).
• Shults is second in the Big 12 in total runs batted in (57) but ranks first with a 1.14 per game average.
• Keilani Ricketts' 262 strikeouts this season are the fifth-most in a single season by an OU pitcher.
• She needs one more to move into fifth (263 by D.J. Mathis, 2008).
• Ricketts is second in the Big 12 with a 1.38 earned run average and tied for first in shutouts (10).
• Amber Flores is OU's career leader in home runs (53). The mark is four shy of tying the Big 12 career record.
• She leads OU offensively in batting average (.378), slugging (.711) and on-base percentage (.550).
• Flores leads the Big 12 in runs scored (58), a 1.16 per game average.
• Both Ricketts and Flores were top 25 finalists for USA Softball's Collegiate Player of the Year.
• Every OU pitcher has an ERA under 2.00.
• Ten Sooners have drawn double-digit walks this season, including five with 20 or more.
• Lindsey Vandever did not commit a single error in conference play in 157 chances.
• Vandever leads the team in doubles with 11 and is three walks shy of her single season best.
• Brianna Turang ranks fifth in the Big 12 with 20 stolen bases on the season.
• Three Sooners have produced career-best hitting streaks in `10 - Vandever (8), Wendy Trott (5) and Dani Dobbs (4).
OKLAHOMA IN THE BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP
• Oklahoma finished 13-3 in Big 12 play, earning the No. 2 seed in the 2010 Big 12 Championship.
• The Sooners open with the winner of Friday night's game between No. 7 Texas Tech and No. 10 Kansas.
• Oklahoma is 36-18 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
• The Sooners have won three Championship titles - 1996, 2001 and 2007.
• The only season Oklahoma failed to advance past its opening game was 2008 (L, 6-5 to Nebraska).
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA'S POTENTIAL OPPONENTS
• The Sooners are 3-1 all-time against Texas Tech in the Big 12 Championship and 4-3 against Kansas.
• The Sooners defeated Kansas 5-0 to win its opening game in 2007. OU last defeated Texas Tech in 2007, 6-3.
• Oklahoma is 3-1 against Texas A&M and 5-6 against Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship.
• The Sooners and Aggies have not met in the Big 12 Championship since OU won 13-6 in 2006.
• Texas Tech and Oklahoma split a doubleheader earlier this season, while the Sooners swept KU last weekend.
• OU also swept Nebraska and Texas A&M, both on the road.
• All Oklahoma games air on KREF 1400 AM with Brian Brinkley or Toby Rowland on the call.
• Sunday's championship game airs on FSN with Tracy Warren and Brenda VanLengen calling the action.
• The 2010 NCAA Selection Special airs Sunday night at 9 p.m. CT on ESPNU.PCOMING SCHEDULE
• NCAA Regional play begins Thursday, May 20. Teams and sites are to be announced Sunday evening.