Every week during the fall season, SoonerSports.com will provide Sooner fans a candid look at the Oklahoma baseball team through individual question and answer sessions with each player. This week Eric Thornton answers a variety of questions ranging from what his favorite magazine is to what CD is in his stereo right now.
1. Where’s your favorite place to visit? Back in Dale and out of the city
2. If you could invite any three people (dead or alive) to dinner, who would they be? Derek Jeter, Britney Spears and Ben Stiller
3. What would be the first thing you would purchase if you won the lottery? 4x4 diesel Dodge Ram
4. Favorite magazine: Golf Digest
5. What CD is in your stereo right now? Hank Williams, Jr.
6. What was your favorite baseball team when you were younger? Chicago Cubs
7. If you weren’t a first baseman/designated hitter, what position would you like to play? Centerfield
8. What do you like in your cereal bowl? Fruitti Pebbles or Cinnamon Toast Crunch
9. Do you have any superstitions and what are they? After an at bat when I get a hit or walk, I dump a glass of water on my head. If I get out, I retie my shoelaces.
10. Favorite former OU baseball player: Andrew McGuire
11. What have you always wanted to do but were never able? Go bear hunting in Colorado or in the northeast.
12. Ultimate SportsCenter highlight: Jim Edmonds in centerfield. He is a highlight.
13. I started playing baseball at age ... Three
14. My craziest ambition: I don’t want to be filthy rich but have enough money to support my family and give my future wife the option to work or not.
15. My personal on-the-field description: Good hitter but an average defender.
16. Dancing style: Any way I can do it.
17. What do you feel is your role on the team? Hold down the middle of the lineup and drive in runs.
18. Favorite type of cake: Red Cake
19. If you could live in another country, which country would you choose? Australia
20. Favorite way to eat an Oreo: Dunk it straight in the milk
21. What is your favorite candy bar? Butterfinger
22. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would you choose? Jessica Simpson’s husband, Nick Lachey
23. Do you have any phobias? I’m scared to death of clowns.