April 27, 2010
|#11 Oklahoma St. (41-10, 10-3 Big 12) at #12 Oklahoma (36-10, 10-3 Big 12)|
|Game Information||Wednesday, April 28, 2010 | 7 p.m. CT | Live Stats|
|Location||OU Softball Complex | Norman, Okla.|
|Tickets||General Admission: $8 (adults) | $5 (youth/senior citizens)|
|Radio||KREF 1400 AM|
|Television||Cox Channel 3 in OKC and Tulsa | Webcast|
|Online||Gameday Central | Game Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA
• Oklahoma is 196-64 (.752) all-time in Big 12 Conference games.
• Oklahoma is 160-143 all-time against ranked opponents and 5-8 in games against the nation's 11th-ranked team.
• The Sooners are 14-8 against a ranked Oklahoma State team. Prior to the 2010 season, the two teams last met as ranked opponents in 2003.
• Amber Flores leads OU with a .383 batting average. Flores is OU's career home run leader (53) and four shy of tying the Big 12 career mark.
• She also leads the team in slugging percentage (.734) and on-base percentage (.543). She has drawn 27 walks and been hit by a pitch 19 times.
• Keilani Ricketts' 235 strikeouts this season are the sixth-most in a single season by an OU pitcher. She needs 24 more to move into fifth.
• Ricketts has 19 complete games and nine shutouts this season. She averages nine strikeouts per seven innings.
• Both Ricketts and Flores are top 25 finalists for USA Softball's Collegiate Player of the Year.
• Brianna Turang leads the team with 20 stolen bases on the season.
• Lindsey Vandever is four walks shy of a single season best set in 2009.
• Vandever hit her 10th home run of the season on April 21 at Baylor. The total is a new single-season best for Vandever.
• Jessica Shults holds the Oklahoma freshman record for home runs in a season (13).
• Shults has three home runs in conference play, two shy of a conference-best five home runs.
• Wendy Trott hit her first home run of the season, a walk-off grand slam, during the first game against Texas Tech on April 15.
• Oklahoma's pitching staff has a league-best 1.60 earned run average, a mark that is 10th best in the nation.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA STATE
• After opening conference play 8-0, the 11th-ranked Cowgirls have dropped three of their last four Big 12 games.
• Mariah Gearhart leads OSU with a .386 batting average and 20 stolen bases on the year.
• Julie Ward has a team-best 49 runs batted in, .691 slugging percentage and 27 walks drawn.
• Anna Whiddon (20-5) has both wins against OU this season. She has a 2.15 earned run average and 174 strikeouts in 159.1 innings pitched.
• Kat Espinosa (18-4) threw a no-hitter against at Texas on Sunday. Espinosa has a 1.29 ERA and 121 strikeouts in 141.1 innings pitched.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
• With a 3-2 win on April 7 in Stillwater, Oklahoma State pulled ahead in the series 68-67.
• OU is 38-11 all-time against OSU under head coach Patty Gasso and 13-2 in Norman during that same time span.
• Oklahoma State won both series meetings earlier this season (1-0 in Oklahoma City on March 6 and 3-2 in Stillwater on April 7).
• The Cowgirls have not won in Norman since May 17, 1997.
• Oklahoma State has not taken a conference series against OU since Big 12 play began in 1996.
• The two teams split the conference meetings in 2003, 1998 and 1996. The Cowgirls took two games in a regional in Norman in 1997.
• The game airs statewide on Cox Channel 3 in Oklahoma City and Tulsa with Toby Rowland and Norrelle Dickson calling the action.
• KREF 1400 AM will air the game locally and free online with Brian Brinkley on the call.
• Oklahoma host Kansas in the final conference series this weekend. Saturday's first pitch is 2 p.m. CT. Sunday's game is at noon CT.
• The Sooners travel to Denton, Texas on May 6 for the final game of the regular season at North Texas.