Sept. 30, 2010
|Oklahoma (10-5, 2-2 Big 12) at Baylor (8-7, 1-3 Big 12)|
|Date||Saturday, Oct. 2, 2010 | 5 p.m. CT|
|Location||The Ferrell Center | Waco, Texas|
|Tickets||Available: $5 adults | $3 youth|
|Online||Live Stats | Match Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA AS A TEAM
- Oklahoma has dropped two straight - both to ranked opponents. OU has not had a three-match losing skid since last season.
- The Sooners fell in four sets to No. 3 Nebraska Wednesday evening. OU won the first set 25-18 then fell -17, -17, -24.
- OU is 1-1 in conference play on the road. The Sooners won at Colorado on Sept. 15 and lost at Iowa State on Sept. 25.
- Oklahoma is 2-0 against teams from the state of Texas this season (3-2 at Houston on Sept. 4 and 3-1 vs. Texas Tech on Sept. 22)
- Oklahoma went 8-3 in non-conference play. Two of OU’s losses were to ranked Florida State and Tennessee teams.
- Oklahoma’s 13.09 kills per set are fifth-best in the Big. Its 12.09 assists per set are sixth-best in the conference this season.
- The team’s .207 team hitting percentage is seventh-best in the Big 12. The 14.79 digs per set are sixth-best in the conference.
- Oklahoma holds opponents to a .185 hitting percentage, eighth-best in the Big 12.
- The Sooners have recorded at least five blocks in 13 of the 15 matches played this season.
- Oklahoma is hitting .207 in conference matches and averaging 13.71 kills per set. The Sooners average 16 .64digs and 1.86 blocks per set.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA INDIVIDUALLY
- Junior Suzy Boulavsky leads OU with a 3.39 kills per set average, a mark that is eighth in the Big 12.
- Junior Brianne Barker is averaging 9.96 assists per set and 2.46 digs per set. Barker is third in the conference in assists per set.
- Senior Sarah Freudenrich’s .382 hitting percentage is third-best in the Big 12 and 21st best in the nation.
- Freshman Sallie McLaurin ranks fifth on that same list, hitting .319. McLaurin is 55th in the nation in blocks per set (1.18).
- Sophomore María Fernanda’s 4.30 digs per set ranks fifth among Big 12 players.
A LOOK AT BAYLOR
- Baylor defeated Texas Tech in straight sets Wednesday evening for its first conference win of the year.
- The Bears are led by Ashlie Christenson’s 3.23 kills per set. Torru Campbell is hitting .301 for the Bears.
- Baylor leads the league in digs per set with a 18.89 average.
- As a team, Baylor is hitting .230, fifth-best in the Big 12. The Bears also rank fifth in opponent hitting percentage (.168).
- The Bears are fourth in assists (12.82) and kills (13.61) and third in blocks (2.47).
A LOOK AT THE SERIES HISTORY
- Oklahoma leads the all-time series with Baylor 28-14. The Sooners are 9-3 against BU under head coach Santiago Restrepo.
- OU holds a slim 10-9 advantage in matches played in Waco but the two teams have evenly split the last 10 matches there.
- OU is 8-2 in the last 10 matches overall against the Bears.
- The Sooners travel to Kansas State Wednesday evening and host Missouri next Saturday.