Jan. 25, 2010
As the 2010 softball season approaches, SoonerSports.com introduces a new weekly feature entitled 20 Random Facts with the Oklahoma softball team. Get to know the players through their own words. Which Sooner owns a dachshund named Wubbie? And can you guess which freshman put too much detergent in the washing machine during her first attempt at on-campus laundry? Check back every Monday for a new segment. It all leads up to the start of the Sooners' run at another Big 12 Championship this February.
- I have a Dachshund dog named Wubbie. I love him to death!
- I love major league baseball. My favorite team is the Dodgers.
- I never drink milk.
- I can’t cook. Some people just say they can’t cook and it’s not true, but I really can’t cook. I burnt myself pretty good once and haven’t really tried since.
- I love playing ping pong.
- I tried to be a vegetarian once. It didn’t work out so well.
- Family is the most important thing in my life. I’m very close to my family and they mean the world to me.
- I love reality television.
- I grew up in Calexico, California. I lived about 10 blocks from the Mexican border.
- If I could play any other sport, it would be golf. I like golf a lot but I’m pretty bad.
- My dream job is to be NASCAR car driver because I love going fast.
- I’m not the outdoors type of person. I’d rather just stay inside and relax. My idea of having fun is not camping or fishing!
- I’m a Daddy’s girl!! My dad and I are real close. We talk everyday.
- I’m terrified of heights.
- I’ve always worn number 4 on my jersey because it represents each person in my family!
- I love sushi.
- I love country music. All my friends back home give me a hard time about it. Country is definitely not what people listen to in Calexico.
- My mom is the most energetic, fun-loving person you'll ever meet!
- My brother and I have always lived together! He came out to Oklahoma with me and just graduated from OU recently. I’m really proud of him!
- I feel blessed to have the opportunity to play softball at Oklahoma. I’m living my dream. Anything is possible. BOOMER SOONER!!
20 Random Facts with Oklahoma Softball
ports.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/092109aaa.html">Sept. 21: Krystle Huey | Sept. 28: Katie Norris | Oct. 5: Kirsten Allen | Oct. 12: Haley Nix | Oct. 19: Jessica Shults | Oct. 26: Lindsey Vandever | Nov. 2: Brianna Turang | Nov. 9: Evan Sallis | Nov. 16: Chana'e Jones | Nov. 23: Karolyne Long | Nov. 30: Wendy Trott | Dec. 7: Allee Allen | Dec. 14: Haley Anderson | Jan. 4: Dani Dobbs | Jan. 11: Michelle Gascoigne | Jan. 18: Keilani Ricketts | Jan. 25: Amber Flores