NORMAN, Okla. -- The Oklahoma men's tennis team took care of business and picked up a pair of wins on Saturday afternoon at the Headington Family Tennis Center.
OU improved to 13-2 win a 4-2 win over Abilene Christian and a 7-0 shutout of East Central.
"I have very little complaints about our effort against East Central," said OU head coach Paul Lockwood. "We took care of business in an efficient manner. We could have been better against Abilene Christian, but we responded well after losing the doubles point. I liked the way we fought back for the win and battled through a full day of tennis."
The Sooners dropped the doubles point against Abilene Christian but quickly rebounded with a near sweep in the individual matches.
No. 1 Andrei Daescu posted a fairly easy 6-3, 6-2 win over ACU's Juan Nunez. Sergey Avdeyev blanked Keria Beedy in both sets, 6-0. The lone loss during individual play was by Ryan Thomas. Thomas won the first set before dropping the next two, including an 11-9 decision in the third set.
OU easily handled instater East Central.
After posting 8-4 (No.1 doubles) and 8-6 wins (No. 2 & No. 3 doubles) to pick up the doubles point, the Sooners were dominant in the individual matchups.
No player lost a set to East Central and No. 4 Federico Chavarria was the only Sooner to allow more than three points to his opponent.
Oklahoma 4, Abilene Christian 2
1.Andrei Daescu (OU) def. Juan Nunez (6-3, 6-2)
2. Marek Velicka (OU) def. Ryan Hudson (6-3, 6-2)
3. Ryan Thomas (OU) vs. George Crstens (6-0 5-7 9-11)
4. Frederico Chavarria (OU) vs. Lluke Hawke (7-6, 2-1 DNF)
5. Sergey Avdeyev (OU) vs. Keria Beedy (6-0, 6-0)
6. Ondrej Kacmar (OU) vs. Hutter Jones Jr.(6-2 6-2)
1.Kucera/Daescu (OU) vs. Nunez/Beedy (6-8)
2.Velicka/Avdeyev (OU) vs. Carstens/ Hicks ACU (5-8)
3.Chavarria/Thomas (OU) vs. Jones/ Hudson OU (1-8)
Oklahoma 7, East Central 0
1.Andrei Daescu (OU) vs Pyotr Sitnikov OU (6-2, 6-0)
2. Marek Velicka (OU) vs. Courtney Swartz OU (6-2, 6-0)
3. Frederico Chavarria (OU) vs. Cristobal Nnunez (6-0, 6-2)
4. Ryan Thomas (OU) vs. Chris Kriel ACU (6-3, 6-0)
5. Sergey Avdeyev (OU) vs. Camilo Munez (6-4, 6-4)
6. Ondrej Kacmar (OU) vs. Victor Rios (6-4, 7-6)
1.Chavarria/Daescu (OU) vs. Nunez/Munoz (8-4)
2.Velicka/Thomas (OU) vs. Kriel/Rios (8-6)
3.Avdeyev/Kacmar (OU) vs. Sitnikov/Swartz (8-6)