Nov. 25, 2011
|Oklahoma (21-10, 8-7) at No. 5 Texas (21-4, 14-1)|
|Date||Saturday, November 26, 2011 | 4 p.m. CT|
|Location||Austin, Texas | Gregory Gym|
|Online||GameTracker | Twitter|
|Information||Match Notes | Media Guide|
A LOOK AT SATURDAY
The University of Oklahoma volleyball closes out the regular season Saturday afternoon at No. 5 Texas. First serve is set for 4 p.m. CT inside Gregory Gym in Austin. The match airs on the Longhorn Network with Mark Followill and Kelli Tennant on the call. GameTracker is available at SoonerSports.com.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA AS A TEAM
• Oklahoma is 13-113 all-time against ranked opponents and 12-55 under Santiago Restrepo.
• The Sooners are 2-2 against ranked teams this year with wins over (8) Texas and (15) Colorado State.
• Oklahoma has secured its 15th 20-win season and fourth under Restrepo (2010, 2007, 2006).
• OU has the lowest service aces allowed (0.84) and ranks second in blocks per set allowed in the Big 12 this year (1.77).
• Oklahoma is third in the league in blocks per set allowed (1.92) in conference matches only.
• OU has hit .350 or better in 28 sets this year, including eight sets in conference matches.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA INDIVIDUALLY
• Sallie McLaurin leads the league with 1.45 bps in conference matches and 1.37 bps in all matches.
• McLaurin has 130 block assists on the year, an OU single season record for the current scoring era.
• The last player to have more block assists in a single year was 137 by Eliane Santos in 2006.
• Tara Dunn is second on the team with 2.97 kills per set and ranks 10th in the league in the category.
• María Fernanda (1,610) became the Oklahoma career digs leader on Oct. 15 (Melissa Peterson, 1,436 from 1994-97).
• Fernanda has 571 digs on the year, also a single season record for any scoring era.
• Fernanda is third in the league with 5.01 digs per overall and second with 5.16 per set in Big 12 matches only.
• Fernanda is one of two active Big 12 players to rank in the top 10 of Big 12 career leaders in eight categories.
• Fernanda is seventh all-time on the Big 12 digs list. Current Baylor senior Allison King is second on that same list.
• Suzy Boulavsky leads OU with 3.32 kps and is second on the team with 84 block assists, fourth most in a season at OU.
• Brianne Barker continues to climb OU’s career assists list. She recently moved into third on the list (4,551).
• Barker is one of five players in OU history to rank in the top four of two or more career categories.
• The others include Patrice Arrington, Gloria Holcomb, Joanna Schmitt and Peterson.
• OU has three players ranked in the top 100 in the nation in their respective categories (page 7).
A LOOK AT THE SERIES HISTORY
• Texas leads the all-time series with Oklahoma 37-3. OU won this season’s previous meeting (3-2) on Sept. 28.
• OU’s last win in Austin was a five-set thriller on Oct. 29, 2008.
• The Sooners are 3-12 against the Longhorns under Restrepo.