Sept. 6, 2010
|Oklahoma (4-3) at Arkansas (6-1)|
|Match 8||Tuesday, September 7 | 7 p.m. CT|
|Location||Barnhill Arena | Fayetteville, Ark.|
|Online||Live Stats | Match Notes | Twitter|
NORMAN, Okla. – The University of Oklahoma volleyball team continues non-conference play Tuesday evening, traveling to Fayetteville, Ark. for a contest against the Arkansas Razorbacks. First serve from Barnhill Arena is set for 7 p.m. CT.
The Sooners went 1-2 over the weekend at the Houston Invitational. OU’s losses were to No. 17 Tennessee and No. 13 Florida State. Junior Suzy Boulavsky (Houston, Texas) leads the team with a 3.31 kills per set average. Junior setter Brianne Barker (Amarillo, Texas) averages 9.31 assists per set and leads the team in services aces with 10.
Arkansas is 6-1 on the year with its only loss coming this past weekend to Kansas at the Jayhawk Invitational.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA AS A TEAM
- Oklahoma is 0-1 against the Southeastern Conference this year. OU fell 3-0 to No. 17 Tennessee this past weekend in Houston.
- Oklahoma went 1-2 at the Houston Invitational this weekend. The Sooners’ only win was over the host school.
- OU hit .212 at the Houston Invitational with three Sooners hitting over .300 with at least 30 attempts.
- OU defeated Central Arkansas, 3-1, on Sept. 1 at the McCasland Field House.
- The Sooners went 2-1 at the Nike Invitational to open the 2010 season.
- Oklahoma fell 3-0 to Wichita State on August 27 and rebounded to defeat UT-Arlington (3-0) and Miami (3-1) the following day.
- The Sooners held opponents to a .085 hitting percentage over the weekend.
- OU tallied 13 service aces at the Nike Invitational, including five against Miami on Saturday night.
- Every player on the Oklahoma roster has seen action this year.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA INDIVIDUALLY
- Junior Suzy Boulavsky leads OU with 3.31 kills per set. Boulavsky hits .309 and has 12 block assists this year.
- Junior setter Brianne Barker had her second 50-plus assists match of the season at Houston.
- Barker was named to the Houston Invitational all-tournament team after leading OU with 8.75 assists per set.
- Senior Sarah Freudenrich leads the team with a .382 hitting percentage and is second with 2.30 kills per set.
- Junior Caitlin Higgins is third on the team with 2.23 kills per set.
- Freshman Sallie McLaurin is the team leader in blocks with 1.27 per set. McLaurin has 28 total blocks on the year.
- McLaurin had three block assists against No. 17 Tennessee, an OU record in a three set match.
- Oklahoma head coach Santiago Restrepo won his 100th match at OU on August 28 against UT-Arlington.
- Freudenrich played at the University of Arkansas her freshman year before transferring to Oklahoma.
A LOOK AT THE SERIES HISTORY
- The Razorbacks and Sooners have only met three times previously with Arkansas winning all three meetings.
- The two teams last met in 2006 in Norman. The other series meetings were in 2002 and 2000.
- The Sooners travel to Springfield, Mo. for the Dr. Mary Jo Wynn Invitational this weekend.
- Oklahoma opens Big 12 play on the road at Colorado on Sept. 15.
- The Sooners return home to face Texas Tech on Sept. 22. It’s OU’s annual Pledge for a Cure fundraiser for the Jimmy Everest Center.