April 1, 2010
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA
- Oklahoma is 187-62 (.759) all-time in Big 12 Conference games.
- Amber Flores leads OU with a .380 batting average and .554 on-base percentage. She has drawn a team-best 22 walks and 15 hit by pitches.
- Jessica Shults is the reigning Big 12 Player of the Week. Shults hit .455 (5-for-11) with four runs scored and three home runs.
- She had 14 total bases, drove in nine runs and drew four walks, while producing a 1.273 slugging percentage and .600 on-base percentage.
- Shults is one of the national leaders in runs batted in per game with a 1.37 average. She has a Big 12-best 48 on the season.
- Keilani Ricketts is carrying the OU pitching staff with a 17-7 record and 1.51 earned run average.
4 Ricketts has 50 walks and 164 strikeouts in 134.1 innings pitched. She has 14 complete games, six shutouts and two saves.
- Ricketts needs just 17 strikeouts to enter the Oklahoma single season record list in the category.
- Oklahoma's pitching staff holds opponents to a .194 batting average. Ricketts leads the way with a .161 average.
- Brianna Turang leads the team in stolen bases with 16 on the year. As a team, OU is 46-for-54 in stolen base attempts.
- Lindsey Vandever is seven walks shy of her season-best set in 2009.
- Nine Sooners have driven in double-digit runners this season. After Shults' 48, Vandever and Haley Nix each have 24 RBI.
A LOOK AT IOWA STATE
- Heidi Kidwell leads the Cyclones offensively with a .380 batting average (46-for-121).
- Syndi Jones leads the team in walks drawn with 16. The Cyclones have 76 total on the year.
- As a team, ISU has 73 extra-base hits, including 15 home runs. The Sooners have 92 extra-base hits and 47 home runs.
- Ace Rachel Zabriskie is 18-7 on the year with a 2.20 earned run average. Zabriskie has thrown 16 complete games and 146.2 innings.
- Zabriskie is the Cyclones career leader in strikeouts and victories.
- ISU defeated Iowa 7-3 on Wednesday in Ames. Kidwell was 3-for-4 and Zabriskie allowed three earned runs on five hits.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
- Oklahoma leads the all-time series with Iowa State 55-28. The Sooners hold a 23-8 advantage in games played in Ames.
- Under head coach Patty Gasso, the Sooners are 31-4 against the Cyclones and are 16-2 in Ames during the same time frame.
- OU has won eight straight series meetings, including the last seven regular season contests.
- Iowa State's last series win came on April 22, 2006 (5-2) in Ames.
- Oklahoma won both regular series meetings last year in Norman (10-7 and 10-0 ) and had a 3-0 win in the Big 12 Championship.
- The Sooners travel to Stillwater Wednesday for the first conference matchup against No. 15 Oklahoma State this season.
- The game is set for a 7 p.m. first pitch and broadcast statewide on Cox Communications.
- Sooner fans can hear the game statewide on the Sooner Sports Network with Brian Brinkley calling the action.
- OU travels to College Station next weekend for a two-game series against No. 20 Texas A&M.