April 6, 2010
|#11 Oklahoma (29-8, 3-1 Big 12) at #12 Oklahoma State (32-7, 4-0 Big 12)|
|Game Information||Wednesday, April 7, 2010 | 7 p.m. CT | Live Stats|
|Location||Cowgirl Softball Stadium | Stillwater, Okla.|
|Radio||KREF 1400 AM | Internet Audio|
|Television||Cox Channel 3 (Tulsa and Oklahoma City)|
|Online||Gameday Central | Game Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA
• Oklahoma is 189-62 (.753) all-time in Big 12 Conference games.
• OU is 158-142 (.527) all-time against ranked opponents and 7-1 against the 12th ranked team. OU’s only loss to #12 was to Alabama (2005).
• The Sooners are 14-7 against a ranked Oklahoma State team. Prior to the 2010 season, the two teams last met as ranked opponents in 2003.
• Amber Flores leads OU with a .404 batting average. Flores recently became Oklahoma’s career home run leader.
• She also leads the team in slugging percentage (.737) and on-base percentage (.565). She has drawn 23 walks and 15 hit by pitches.
• Flores leads the Big 12 with 42 runs scored in all games played. She has hit in the leadoff spot the last five games.
• Brianna Turang leads the team in stolen bases with 16. As a team, OU is 47-for-56 in stolen base attempts.
• Lindsey Vandever is six walks shy of a season-best set in 2009 (28).
• Jessica Shults has 48 runs batted in on the year. Shults is hitting .336 with a team-best 12 home runs.
• Shults is two home runs shy of an Oklahoma freshman record. Andrea Davis had 14 during the 2000 season.
• Keilani Ricketts carries the OU pitching staff with an 18-7 record and 1.44 earned run average.
• Ricketts has issued 51 walks while striking out 176 in 141.1 innings pitched. She has 15 complete games, seven shutouts and two saves.
• Ricketts needs just five strikeouts to enter the Oklahoma single season records list in the category at number 10.
• Oklahoma’s pitching staff holds opponents to a .192 batting average. Ricketts leads the way with a .157.
• Nine Sooners have driven in double-digit runners. After Shults’ 48, Haley Nix has 25 and Vandever has 24.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA STATE
• Mariah Gearhart leads the Cowgirls offensively with a .417 batting average (48-for-115). Gearhart is 16-for-18 in stolen base attempts this year.
• Julie Ward is the biggest threat in the lineup, hitting .369 with 18 doubles, seven home runs and 16 walks. Ward has driven in 46 runs this year.
• Anna Whiddon is 17-3 on the year with a 1.97 earned run average. She has 133 strikeouts on the year while holding opponents to a .165 average.
• Kat Espinosa is 12-3 with a team-best 1.43 ERA. Espinosa has 95 strikeouts in 103.0 innings pitched. Opponents hit .195 against her.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
• The all-time series against the Cowgirls and Sooners is tied at 67 wins each. OSU holds a 15-12 advantage in games played in Stillwater.
• The series dates back to 1975, the first year Oklahoma competed intercollegiately. OSU began their intercollegiate program one year prior.
• OU is 38-10 all-time against Oklahoma State under head coach Patty Gasso and 14-5 in Stillwater during the same time period.
• The two schools met earlier this season in The Preview featuring Bedlam at ASA Hall of Fame Stadium in OKC.
• Oklahoma State won 1-0. It was the Cowgirls’ first series victory since April 24, 2003 (4-0).
• OU has won six straight conference series against OSU. The 2003 win came in Stillwater, splitting the conference meetings that season.
• Since the start of the Bedlam Series in 2001, the Bedlam Bell trophy has not left Norman.
BROADCAST INFORMATION/UPCOMING SCHEDULE
• Wednesday evening’s game can be heard on KREF 1400 AM with Brian Brinkley calling the action.
• The game airs statewide on Cox Channel 3 (OKC and Tulsa) with Brenda VanLengen and Nancy Teehee.
• OU travels to College Station this weekend for a two-game series against No. 21 Texas A&M.