Oct. 26, 2009
As the 2010 softball season approaches, SoonerSports.com introduces a new weekly feature entitled 20 Random Facts with the Oklahoma softball team. Get to know the players through their own words. Which Sooner owns a dachshund named Wubbie? And can you guess which freshman put too much detergent in the washing machine during her first attempt at on-campus laundry? Check back every Monday for a new segment. It all leads up to the start of the Sooners' run at another Big 12 Championship this February.
Lindsey Vandever | Senior | Davenport, Okla.
- I don’t like gum.
- The Boston Red Sox are my favorite MLB team
- I have OCD. If something is out of place I have to put it back in place or it will bug me.
- I love doing laundry because i love the smell of clean laundry.
- I took dancing and gymnastics until I was seven.
- I'm getting my Master’s and will hopefully become a college coach.
- I used to clean dishes at my family’s restaurant.
- This summer I played in the Canada Cup.
- I have a huge family. My mom is the baby of 11 brothers and sisters.
- I have been to every state in the country except for Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and New Jersey and Alaska!
- My dad had coached me my whole life, summer and school ball, in softball until I came up to Oklahoma.
- I would love to grow old and travel the WHOLE world!!!! I love traveling and sight-seeing!
- When my family goes on vacations, I am my dad's front seat navigator. I know my directions and can read a map.
- I love Elvis Presley music along with old time music.
- I enjoy nature. It is hard for me to stay inside all day long and not go outside. The lake, camping, and outdoor activities are where I live!
- I think that the best part of the OU football games are when the band comes at the first, the video plays, the boys run out, and the jets fly by. Gives me chills every time.
- My shopping sprees consist of purses, shoes, and jewelry (accessories)!
- My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 years (since sixth grade).
- There's nothing better than going back to my Davenport home and seeing all my family.
- Last but not least, I am SAVED. I know I am going to Heaven!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
20 Random Facts with Oklahoma Softball
Sept. 21: Krystle Huey | Sept. 28: Katie Norris | Oct. 5: Kirsten Allen | Oct. 12: Haley Nix | Oct. 19: Jessica Shults | Oct. 26: Lindsey Vandever | Nov. 2: Brianna Turang | Nov. 9: Evan Sallis | Nov. 16: Karolyne Long | Nov. 23: Chana'e Jones | Nov. 30: Wendy Trott | Dec. 7: Allee Allen | Dec. 14: Haley Anderson | Dec. 21: Drew Wright | Jan. 4: Dani Dobbs | Jan. 11: Michelle Gascoigne | Jan. 18: Keilani Ricketts | Jan. 25: Amber Flores