Jan. 11, 2010
As the 2010 softball season approaches, SoonerSports.com introduces a new weekly feature entitled 20 Random Facts with the Oklahoma softball team. Get to know the players through their own words. Which Sooner owns a dachshund named Wubbie? And can you guess which freshman put too much detergent in the washing machine during her first attempt at on-campus laundry? Check back every Monday for a new segment. It all leads up to the start of the Sooners' run at another Big 12 Championship this February.
- When trying to figure out which hand was dominant when I was little, my parents gave me two softballs, one to throw with each hand to see which went farther. The left went twice as far, the rest is history.
- I'm a fan of all music genres. My iTunes library is very eclectic and spans many generations. (Some favorites: Journey, Colbie Caillat, The Beatles, Matt Nathanson, Sugarland, Garth Brooks, REO Speedwagon)
- The first time I did laundry on campus I used too much soap and overflowed the washer onto the laundry room floor!
- Even though I was born in Southern California into a Dodger loving family, my parents did the right thing and raised me in Nor-Cal, and I LOVE THE GIANTS!
- I'm a huge fan of Coach John Wooden and his "pyramid of success." My mom went to one of his basketball camps when she was young and passed on his teachings and books to me.
- I love creative writing, anything from short stories, to poems or lyrics. It’s one of my favorite ways to relax.
- My older sister is my best friend and inspires me every day. She's always supported me throughout my softball career and everything I've done.
- I always have to have nail polish on to pitch in a game. Superstition.
- The best video game ever is Super Mario Kart for Nintendo 64. I'm always Yoshi.
- I can watch any Adam Sandler movie over and over again. My favorite is Billy Madison.
- When I was 13 years old I broke my Dad's eye socket with a riseball. He had to get stitches.
- Before I go to bed I always like to watch whatever is on the Disney Channel. I think it helps me fall asleep.
- My three best friends and I are all attending major universities in four different states.
- I love Mexican food. Anything from Taco Trunk burritos, to my favorite hometown restaurant's enchiladas, to a Taco Bell Crunch Wrap supreme!
- I have about 15 pairs of Vans shoes. It was a hard decision choosing which ones to bring with me to OU.
- When I grow up I'd love to live in Lake Tahoe. It has the forest, lakes, and good hiking in the summer, and beautiful winter scenery and snow skiing in the winter.
- My favorite season is fall. I love the colors and the crisp air. I'm excited for fall at OU.
- Mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese are my favorite comfort foods.
- The only upside down roller coaster I've been on and plan on going on is "California Screamin'" at Disney's California Adventure.
- People have mispronounced my last name my whole life. To make it easy, think Gas+Coin.
20 Random Facts with Oklahoma Softball
Sept. 21: Krystle Huey | Sept. 28: Katie Norris | Oct. 5: Kirsten Allen | Oct. 12: Haley Nix | Oct. 19: Jessica Shults | Oct. 26: Lindsey Vandever | Nov. 2: Brianna Turang | Nov. 9: Evan Sallis | Nov. 16: Chana'e Jones | Nov. 23: Karolyne Long | Nov. 30: Wendy Trott | Dec. 7: Allee Allen | Dec. 14: Haley Anderson | Jan. 4: Dani Dobbs | Jan. 11: Michelle Gascoigne | Jan. 18: Keilani Ricketts | Jan. 25: Amber Flores