NORMAN, Okla. - Senior captain Lauren MacIver capped off her successful career at Oklahoma and added to her list of accolades with a selection to the 2005 National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) and Soccer Buzz All-Central Region Second Teams.
The selection is the highest such honor for any Sooner in the program's young ten-year history (Logan Womack was a third-team selection in 2001-NSCAA). At the end of the 2005 regular season, MacIver became just the program's second All-Big 12 First Team member, again matching Womack's 2001 season.
MacIver, a two-time Second Team All-Big 12 honoree (2002 and 2003), finished off her best season in an OU uniform in 2005. The Tulsa, Okla., native led the 2005 Sooners in goals (8), assists (8) and points (24). Eleven of her 24 points came during Big 12 play (four goals and three assists). The 24 points also ranks third all-time on OU's single season list (Krissy Dawson, 26 in 2002 and Womack, 27 in 2001). In addition, MacIver's eight assists in 2005 tied the single season record held by Krissy Dawson.
Despite playing in just nine games in 2004 because of an ACL injury, MacIver finished her time in Norman as OU’s career leader in assists with 18 and she is tied for the program lead for game-winning goals (7). Additionally, the 2005 senior ranks third in career goals (18) and points (54).
Below is a closer look at MacIver's stellar 2005 season and four-year OU career.
- Named to Soccer Buzz All-Central Region Second Team and All-Big 12 First Team.
- Recorded her second two-goal performance and first since 2002 with two tallies against Oklahoma State (10/28).
- The second goal in the OSU game gave her the fourth game-winner of the season and seventh of her career (tied for first).
- Scored game-winning goals against East Carolina, Tulsa, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.
- On Sept. 16 she became the first Sooner to score a goal in four consecutive games after OU defeated Tulsa.
- With an assist versus Texas (9/25), her sixth of the season, she became OU's all-time leader in assists.
- Against Texas A&M (10/14), she tallied her eighth assist of the season, tying an OU record.
- Tallied two assists in a single game for the second time in her career against Oral Roberts on Sept. 18.
- Two-time All-Big 12 Second Team honoree and one of two Sooners to achieve First Team status.
- Second Sooner to earn all-conference honors in three of four years.
- Only Sooner to achieve all-regional second team honors (Soccer Buzz).
- 2003 Academic All-Big 12 First Team honoree.
- OU's All-time leader in assists (18) and shots taken (263).
- Tied for program lead in game-winning goals (7).
- Third all-time in points (54) and goals (18).
- Only player in program history to score a goal in four consecutive games, only six other players have scored in three straight contests.